Dog gone disaster, ever have one?

Okay, this will be long, bare with me. I'm also still on an adrenalin rush, and in pain from smashing into a tree. Well, several bushes, then a tree. So I might ramble a bit, sorry. Anyways, I let my two dogs out, a German Shepherd named Scout, and a German Shepherd/Husky mix named Wesley. Is it just... show more Okay, this will be long, bare with me. I'm also still on an adrenalin rush, and in pain from smashing into a tree. Well, several bushes, then a tree. So I might ramble a bit, sorry.
Anyways, I let my two dogs out, a German Shepherd named Scout, and a German Shepherd/Husky mix named Wesley. Is it just Wesley, (who might have some ninja DNA in him), or are all huskies escape artist? I step back in to the house to grab my jacket, I step back outside, and Scout is sitting there looking at the fence, then he looks at me, and you could see he thinking "um...guess who just jumped the fence".
So, It is like 2:30 am, dead still, no noise at all. I'm in a bit of a panic, and am racing around on foot whistling and calling. The more time I delay expanding the scope of this search, the more counties away Wesley might be. So I grab my truck keys, and step outside. Well there is my sons bike sitting on the porch that he was working on the other day. Hey, I can move fast, and hear Wesley, and see better, I won't bypass him by accident. So I take off on the bike. I kinda know which way Wesley might go, up hill, up the street. Sure enough, about a block away. I hear dog tags jingling behind me. I stop (mind you I'm pointed up hill), and it's Wesley. Well he takes off for home. I follow in hot pursuit, now going down hill. I am barely able to keep pace with Wesley, he knows he is not gonna be yelled at for returning home, he's at warp speed, I'm moving at near warp, but still sub-light speed. I see him turn into out yard, I go to slow down. No brakes. Didn't end well. I tried burning off the bottom of one shoe, didn't do much. Figured the bushes would slow me down, hey it worked for rambo falling through those trees. Didn't work too well for me.

So my question, anyone else have such an eventful night because of their dogs? Or am I just blessed?
Update: @rustwingz1, sorry about the loss of you dog. That's what I worry about, you just know they'll get hit, abducted by aliens or a cult, or run into an artillery training range impact zone. Also, aren't the folks in the dog section just the best people on YA? Always good answers, so unfair you can only pick... show more @rustwingz1, sorry about the loss of you dog. That's what I worry about, you just know they'll get hit, abducted by aliens or a cult, or run into an artillery training range impact zone.
Also, aren't the folks in the dog section just the best people on YA? Always good answers, so unfair you can only pick one.
Also, this morning, my son, he's all "What the heck did ya do to my bike?" I think Wesley is laughing at us all.
Update 2: One thing I hate about the dog section, so many good answer. You people make it almost impossible to choose a best answer. Wish I could have you all over for a BBQ and a beer, and let all our dog run around and play.