flint asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 10 years ago

is there any way to grow your hair back that really works?? or a way to prevent baldness?

i am 24 years old and my hairline is a little receding. i was thinking about investing in hair club for men, or bosley, or one of those things but i dont wanna waste my money if they dont really work. thanks for the help!

Reasons why that happens:

Supplements ($42 billions are wasted and could hurt your lungs, liver, organs), steroids, hereditary, hair dyes, perming/relaxers, straightening (have read many on YA HAIR, and have responded to them since 2009), http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ByAudience/ForWome...

diet, having babies (yes I read twice it happened to them), stress, medications with testosterone, certain antidepressants, menopause, anti-acne, and too much of everything. Eliminate the 'cause' and your hair will improve.

Shampoos are meant for cleaning hair, eating is for growing and you can't speed up time, nor can you speed 'perfection.' "If you have no patience, you have no right growing long hair." ~ Hair expert of the 80's.

Save your money instead of buying hair growth products or supplements. Vogue Dec. 2010, Vogue Feb. 2011 issue has a section on biotin, supplements, fish oil, etc. . Fish oil for example: Read the labels if they state that it contains: "one or more of the following: Cod, English Whiting, Shark."

The FDA don't even approve of them. Because of inadequate quality control and inspection, supplements contaminated with heavy metals, pesticides, or prescription drugs have been sold to unsuspecting consumers. And FDA rules covering manufacturing quality don’t apply to the companies that supply herbs, vitamins, and other raw ingredients.

Beginning in February 2008, they experienced one symptom after another: diarrhea, joint pain, hair loss, lung problems, and fingernails and toenails that fell off. FDA has received numerous reports of harm associated with the use of these products, including stroke, liver injury, kidney failure, heart palpitations, and death. 3-15-11

Google: MSN "Vitamins Can Do More Harm Than Good."

According Dr. Melissa Piliang, a dermatologist at the Cleveland Clinic. Americans spent an estimated $176 million on hair loss products last year, and chances are some of that money was not well spent. Don’t let charming salon owners, seductive ads or fancy gimmicks convince you otherwise.

CNN, Slate, Consumer Reports, MSN, YAHOO have posted them online for years how people spend $20 billion per year on vitamins and supplements.  According to Everyday Health, here's an article that will tell you why . . . those PRODUCTS by any other name do NOT WORK.  It is false advertisements.

Best advice from Hollywood's well known hairstylist in the 80's once said: "Keep foods in your mouth and hair products on your hair."

If you've straightened your hair in the past, it may grow slowly or none at all.

Google: "Foods for Healthy Hair" - the website had moved, type it in.

Growing healthy hair doesn't come from a bottle or pills and hair products do not speed hair growth. Any hair oil, is another form to keep hair moisturized, nothing more. If you're in HS, your hair & nails should be growing normally, and as healthily as possible, since you're eating healthy foods. But when hair isn't growing as fast, it's because they've been tempered with: chemicals, hair straightening, etc. . .

Best answer comes from people with Avatars, showing their healthy shiny, soft, silky, smooth hair.

Sources:

I know hair. I have over 4 decades of hair know-how. I have silky, shiny, soft, smooth very healthy hair down to my knees, started growing them in 2003. Previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's. I've known people in their 30's whose hair stopped growing from ironing their hair in the 70's. When I was in HS, my hair grew from bob to waist length in 3 1/2 to 4 years, and cut 2x a year.

Women's hair usually thins out a lot as they get older, but a receding hairline is something that happens to men. And long hair does nothing to prevent hair loss--all the guys I went to school with who are now in their 50's wouldn't be balding if it did.

Wait for your hairline to grow back more then shape it up