Was prince charles involved with camilla ,even before his marriage to diana ?if yes ,why did he hide it ?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
I would have thought that it was patently obvious. Diana would never have married him, had she known the truth from the begining.
  • Comment

Other Answers (14)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • ? answered 3 years ago
    if yes ,why did he hide it ?

There's probably half a Billion Men that could tell you why people have an affair.
    • Comment
  • ? answered 3 years ago
    Charles fell in love with an older woman, probably the first he ever had sex with, an it stayed with him, Camila had already been married so she could never ascend to the throne, or produce linkage, never would have been allowed, if diana hadn't of had children, an left charles Camila still would not have been accepted, its because of already having children he was allowed to re marry..he is a dotting father, at least he has his one true love,

Diana was the peoples princess, everything a princess should be, a wonderful mother, ambassador, an icon in her own right, she deserved a good man, they only thing missing in her life, she loved charles i believe, only Charlie couldn't let go, I believe he try-ed otherwise the queen would not have allowed him his happiness with Camilla, i believe for love he has conceded the crown...an will always be a king in waiting..

William his son an Kate are first timers, I believe they will go the distance because unlike his father he is marrying his first love, NO other has done this, so i believe they will start a new dynasty,
    when the queen passes, it will be William that becomes king, specially should kate have a child...

i believe they are an awesome couple an will do well for the monarchy, after all this is the Queens grandson, a far more realistic option for the royals than his father...

who didnt love prioncess Diana, the world lost a true beauty, i still cant believe someone from that social level; had lost their life, tragic in its beauty , very much an event of the century, irrespective of conspiracy, she was loved, much like i think Kate will be, a changing of the guard...GOODLUCK to them.
    • Comment
  • donpat answered 3 years ago
    Hello Mrs. Mystry .......

Yes.

Nobody would have approved of it and the chap would have
    been given all bloody Hell for it.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Bloody Brilliant answered 3 years ago
    Yes, yes he was... as far as we know anyway.
    He hid it because Camilla wasn't acceptable as a royal bride at that time (even in the 70's and 80's the royals had to marry someone with a title and royal blood).
    Diana fit the bill of a royal bride at the time (it doesn't matter anymore... but she had to be a virgin and all this other crap).

Now why did he hide his affair with Camilla? Well, if you were cheating on your spouse and everyone in the family knew and you were in the public eye... would YOU want the world to know? Probably not.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Dart answered 3 years ago
    Yes. He was. He nearly married her about ten years earlier.

Why did he hide it? Because he was marrying Diana...and because Camilla was married.

it's called "adultery" and it's kind of frowned upon.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Lili answered 3 years ago
    The simple answer is that Camilla was married.

If she had not been, there would have been no reason to hide it, and he would almost certainly never have become engaged to Diana at all. He married Diana because the woman he really wanted was not available to him by virtue of the fact that she was already married herself.
    • Comment
  • Lord Lucan answered 3 years ago
    Of course he hid it dear Mukund. You see, try to look at the situation from dear Charles's point of view. The boy has always had a habit of doing things the unconventional way. Tell me, have you ever heard that wonderful expression by a certain chap named Paul Newman? "Why go out for a hamburger when you can have a steak at home?" Well dear Charles frequently popped out for a hamburger when he had a steak at home. You see, sometimes one does like to enjoy a greasy calorie-filled takeaway repast.
    • Comment
  • TSK answered 3 years ago
    Of course he was, because he is a hypocrite; not fit to be court jester never, mind a king!

Source(s):

www.republic.org.uk
    • Comment
  • HOTSTAR answered 3 years ago
    yes, the evil pair were involved long before Charles engaged to Princess Diana. Only few days before the wedding did the very young Princess Diana found out about the disgusting relationship. He was not bothered about his relationship with Camilla and all the insiders knew about it.

Princess Diana famously said in her Tv interview that 'there were 3 in this marriage'. She never got over this treachery of her husband who blatantly carried on, she realised that she was trapped in a royal marriage only to produce heirs to the throne and just go quietly in life as a shadow to the future king. No one realised what an icon she would become and the most sought after Royal she would be. To the British public Princess Diana was the face of the Royal family after the Queen. She was the most popular Royal and would have made such a beautiful Queen.

The Prince never really loved Diana; he famously said before his wedding, to a reporter who asked him about love, '...whatever love means..'. He is a selfish man who carried on before and after his wedding to Diana with that camilla who is old enough to be the granny of his kids! Well it was only more disgusting history when they both got married. I do not know how such ppl can hold their faces high and walk in public! Morals exist only for the middle class, the royals, super rich don't care.

It is such a pity that Princess Diana got murdered, the majority of the public believe that she was executed because she was becoming a problem.

I really feel for the 2 princes who lost their mother so tragically, Princess Diana loved her sons like no other and there never can be a substitute for her. PPl in England feel the same -there never can be another Princess Diana.
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Hope Leslie Shy answered 3 years ago
    Yes. He probably hid it to avoid a royal scandal.
    • Comment
  • Arctic Spirit answered 3 years ago
    It was just a few days before the wedding when she found out about the love affair between Charles and Camilla. It was then too late to call off the wedding. This was an arranged wedding between Diana's relatives and Prince Philip, now he has to live with the damage he has done to a human being, just as much as Charles.

He couldn't hide it, Camilla would come and call for him and Charles would hop into Camilla's car right in front of Diana. It was an openly shameful affair.
    • Comment
  • C.G. answered 3 years ago
    Yes.Charles had at least two married women as mistresses.Mistresses are usually a private matter.Charles was quite happy as a bachelor,but as an heir to the throne,a great wish,read "requirement," is to have a legitimate heir.Charles needed to marry and have children to fulfill that duty.He was quite happy with Camilla,and wanted to stay in touch with her,but in order to find a wife and do that,he'd have to keep Camilla's role in his life quiet.

Source(s):

The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown
    Ever After: Diana and the Life She Led by Anne Edwards
    Charles and Diana by Ralph G.Martin
    Diana:In Search of Herself by Sally Bedell Smith
    • Comment
  • SIR ROY. .K.G answered 3 years ago
    For years before he married Diana,it went back before she married.So Diana put "it" around I dont blame her,good on "yer" girl !
    • Comment
  • viraat answered 3 years ago
    yes very true he was.well WHEN SOME ONE IS RICH MATERIALLY ,THEN HE/SHE BECOME VERY POOR AS A HUMAN OR HUMANITY. SORRY it is always mind game. thanks.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock