Can Man survive on a Pure Non-vegetarian diet?!?

Some people just love their meat and eat it for days together...like they have to have it in all meals. But for some two such meals (or maybe three) in a row are more than enough...before calling it quits!!! The only option would be to go on a fast...if vegetarian food is not available (hypothetically... show more Some people just love their meat and eat it for days together...like they have to have it in all meals.

But for some two such meals (or maybe three) in a row are more than enough...before calling it quits!!! The only option would be to go on a fast...if vegetarian food is not available (hypothetically speaking!).

My question is...Is their digestive system more efficient? And also, Is it healthy to eat so much meat?

Another one: Why did Man evolve into meat-eater when fruits/roots/leaves were available aplenty???

Note: For the skeptical: I'm NOT making a case for Vegetarianism here...for, I'm myself a Chickenarian! Just marvelling!

Thanks for satisfying my curious urges :)
Update: Posting it here because people in "Diet & Fitness" are on Lunch Break, it seems :)
Update 2: Dear (((Yesu))), don't be in a hurry, lol. True, I've served them all in one plate...but they are bite-size pieces only! Chew them slowly :))
Update 3: @Cora: You woke up just in time to correct yourself :) Hope you're doing well with your essay!