Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 years ago

True or False: We expect more from technology and less from each other?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favourite answer

It is true.. Today's generation is very much dependent on technology.. People hunger for the "latest" and neglect what "real" people around them could offer.. People are even obsessed with technology and spend thousands of dollars just to keep updated while there are less fortunate people around the globe who could benefit from some pennies they could share... Hmm..

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 years ago

True. We are becoming more and more alienated from one another. Only the impoverished and lowest of the low seek to band together to struggle against a hostile uncaring world. They are strangers cast together in a common cause, seeking only to survive and find a measure of happiness. Those that can afford the technology flee to hide behind the closed door, the windshield or the computer screen. Interacting only by way of avatars and big machines becoming disembodied souls that have no more existence than that of ghosts or animated demons.

• 9 years ago

We expect different things from technology than we do from each other. I can not answer true or false because it is like comparing apples and oranges, and sadly I don't know any conversions for expectations. You see from technology we expect precision and speed. We expect technology to be a luxury that we can guide to making our lives easier. From each other however, we expect totally different things. We expect care and compassion, to be shown to us by others. We expect friendliness and emotion to be expressed towards us from others. When we are with others we expect laughter and sometimes sadness. We expect others to make life worth living but we expect technology to make worthy life a little easier. :)

• 9 years ago

To some, True. To some, False

Source(s): My Brain
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

true, but it changes nothing that actually matters. to expect from another person is to be dysfunctional. an absence of human interaction should allow the individual to contemplate self and thus gain self knowledge but unfortunately this is not what happens; people end up depressed simply because they feel since they have no one they are no one. lack of self awareness and self worth is literally fatal. technology is meant to be a tool but we as conscious entities are meant to be stable, yet since most are not, technology winds up causing an exponential growth in psychological instability

• manger
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Which one is far less demanding? it is not as clean and answer as i'm particular you will like. Macroeconomics, for lots of persons, is extra intuitive, and is composed of issues you have witnessed inadvertantly by using your existence. because of this inherent familiarity, that's frequently seen the better of the two classes. Microeconomics is composed of thoughts you do use, yet require slightly extra thought to attain they are there maximum cases. by way of deeper diving required to narrate to it, that is frequently considered because of the fact the extra no longer basic. finally, the convenience of the direction will count on your professor and how nicely they are able to get you engaged and involved, so ask some scholars who've taken the two as to the kinds of the two instructors. If that is a similar instructor, i might probable default you to macro. Math: sure math is used for the two, in spite of the undeniable fact that it is not something too perplexing. My college required calculus in uncomplicated terms for our progressed econ instructions, or perhaps then we did no longer use it lots. maximum math you will discover is quite basic, and is frequently extra conceptual in nature to instruct relationships (i.e. the slop of a call for line signifying that is elasticity... or y=mx+b).

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

True? false? i dont ******* know! im just a random person who usually rants in all my answers and asks stupid questions! now for my real answer: true

• 9 years ago

True. In order to survive, you must do so,

"without" the aid of your computer. <}:-})

• 9 years ago

It is true of some but not true of everyone.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

well the problem lies in people hiding in there Shells and not STEPPING UP

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.