Spirituality : What is the object of your meditation?

Many of us meditate on a daily basis. But what do you meditate on? Please choose from the following options.

1. A form

2. A point

3. A yantra / mandala

4. Nothingness

5. Anything else (Please elaborate)

Additional Question:

1. How has meditation helped you in your day to day life?

Sometimes I just allow my thoughts to mediate on good things... and i know according to the rules of Eastern thought ... i am not doing this right...

but a beautifying inspiration, such as a thought of God, or a spiritual writing... soft music too... is so good... just listening

does have the power to send me... into some wonderful places... I always come to a spiritual place of refreshment when I am still and quiet...

great relaxation occurs... much tension is released, and there is a new found peace and radiance within...

Love

Kar

• I should start meditating since ive only done it like once or twice since im not that good right now but I try to mediate on Nothingness to clear my head but I have also meditated on a Mandala before and once im clear minded i try to meditate on a memory or a peaceful place then once there i sometimes try and work on thinking of how to fix a problem.

oh yeah and using chi balls (the metal rotating balls) are relaxing and fun

The ordered consciousness creates the orderly world, and the beautiful soul creates the beautiful life. If you mind is filled with the excrement of ox, then you will see feces of ox everywhere. If you have Buddha in mind, you can see Buddha everywhere. There is nothing wrong with the world, the wrong lies in us. Even if the world is filled with ugliness and evils, we preserve our moral integrity and strive to be angels; even if others are hypocritical and tricky, we will display our genuineness, kindness, virtue, love, faith and honesty; we do not complain, grumble, expose the darkness of society, and find fault with others. We keep our duties and are content with our fate. We do not reach for what is beyond our grasp, we do not harbor great ambition. We remain ordinary. We do not pursue fame, gain, status, and power, instead we only seek happiness, joyfulness, freedom, and blessing. We do not want to possess anything in the human world. We only long for the heaven—Thousand-year World, Ten-thousand-year World, and Celestial Islands Continent of Elysium World.

I try to meditate on a single point of light. It gets difficult when i am not in a good mood. In that case, it is by awareness of the inhalation and exhalation of the breath. Meditation has helped me in various situations. Most remarkable is the peace of mind achieved after that.

• Gary P

I meditate on the Word of God. Love to meditate on Psalm 1. Reading each verse slowly, and then focusing on the meaning of just one verse at a time, over and over and the depth to that is amazing.

God does not want us to meditate on "nothingness". He gave us a brain to use...and not open our minds to what ever wants to come in.

http://www.theweepingeagle.com/p/how-to-become-chr...

http://www.theweepingeagle.com/2011/05/amazing-fir...

a nice landscape like in Tibet or Lord Buddha

5. My breathing. Once I get my Ego voice to shut up, I can open my mind to the Universe.

Violet-Fire is very cleansing.

I see it forming a halo, and undulating as if by combustion. It really works, really!

• Shoum

Me. But I am not the flesh body or the thinking mind. I astonish myself I am seeing me but puzzled from where I am seeing & how.

Source(s): shoum

I meditate so i can picture a very vivid naked chick.