Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How to install IIS 7 on Windows 7 Home Basic?

I have purchased a laptop which is preloaded with Windows 7 Home Basic. I want use IIS 7 on my machine to test and build few web sites. I have activated IIS from Control Panel --> Programs & Features --> Turn Windows Features On or Off --> Internet Information Services

But, when I put http://localhost/ i get HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found (The resource you are looking for does not have a handler associated with it.) error.

Please help.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favourite answer

Unless something was changed in Win 7, IIS won't work on Home Basic. Home Premium is the normal minimum standard.

Source(s): VB.NET Programmer
  • 5 years ago

Install Iis7 On Windows 7

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

there's no prefer so which you are able to try this with costing lots time! you basically could get a homestead windows 7 homestead activation key and the .iso document to place in homestead windows 7 homestead common on your laptop. Now windowskeyshop is offering you with the main inexpensive homestead windows key for you! i'm particular you are able to truly like this out of your coronary heart!

• 10 years ago
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

no control panel .u insert windows 7 disk and install home basic from category .

Source(s): People
  • 10 years ago

use windows7 installation to activate IIS on ur PC

• ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Ask Chirag he did it last week. See you when your back from vacation.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.