How to install IIS 7 on Windows 7 Home Basic?

I have purchased a laptop which is preloaded with Windows 7 Home Basic. I want use IIS 7 on my machine to test and build few web sites. I have activated IIS from Control Panel --> Programs & Features --> Turn Windows Features On or Off --> Internet Information Services

But, when I put http://localhost/ i get HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found (The resource you are looking for does not have a handler associated with it.) error.

Please help.

Unless something was changed in Win 7, IIS won't work on Home Basic. Home Premium is the normal minimum standard.

Source(s): VB.NET Programmer

Install Iis7 On Windows 7

• ?

there's no prefer so which you are able to try this with costing lots time! you basically could get a homestead windows 7 homestead activation key and the .iso document to place in homestead windows 7 homestead common on your laptop. Now windowskeyshop is offering you with the main inexpensive homestead windows key for you! i'm particular you are able to truly like this out of your coronary heart!

no control panel .u insert windows 7 disk and install home basic from category .

Source(s): People

use windows7 installation to activate IIS on ur PC

• ?

Ask Chirag he did it last week. See you when your back from vacation.