Spirituality : What is the toughest thing to get 'out of your mind' while pursuing meditation?

Additional Questions:

1. Is being without the 'mind' the highest state of meditation?

2. What happens to a person who has lost his mind while meditating?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMRsinRN0

Youtube thumbnail

Favorite Answer

THE toughest thing , gets to my mind during meditation,

SPARSHA

RASA

ROOPA

GANDHA,

SHABDHA

OMG ALL SORTS OF THINGS RULED BY SENSE ORGANS (LIKE, from Food 2 Foot wear, from 36 26 38 to 40 40 50 , from carnatic to rock , from jasmine to whiskey, brandy 2 arrack, from bedis to ciggarate 2ciggar

all dirty these things comes to my mind only when i try to meditate

the best places to dhyana, or tantra / mantra is river side, forest place, fallen or broken old house, full moon nights near foot of mountain or top of mountain/ hill , near or in shiva temples but i failed every where to meditate.Meditation is a way to reprogram our thinking but i wonder why i can not ?????????

YES OF COURSE WITHOUT THE "MIND ING" The five elements of sense organs IS THE DHANYA.

That too, in kaliyuga , u do not need homa, avana , japa, thapa of hundreds of years to get god , u need only dhanya ,

to be frank i never came across such a person who mediates to that level.

may be DHAYNASAKTHA,

1. No one can be without a mind but in a trance like state.

2. Read number 1.

The toughest thing to get 'out of one's mind' while meditating can be anything that distracts you from focusing to meditate.

May I know why you are asking?

Meditation is an experience. Nothing will go out of our mind initially. Over a period concentration increases and consciousness decreases. If your weakness is eating, it is the toughest thing. If your weakness is anger, it is the toughest thing. Even if your weakness is love and affection towards family it will take time to concentrate.

My wonder is: how yahoo forum can give you a reply on such a subject?

• Shoum

Toughest thing - " thinking I am meditating."

1: Not understand.

2: Samathi

Source(s): shoum

I follow the idea that it is the nature of mind for thoughts to arise, therefore do not try to get anything 'out of' my mind (that would be like trying to get clouds out of the sky).

Instead I practice not following/grasping at the thoughts (chasing the clouds).

From what I have observed so far in my practice, there is no particular thought/concept that is harder to not follow than others.

Some day it can be one thing, another day something else.

I do know that every time I successfully let go of some thought that my mind seems particularly enamored by, overall it seems to strengthen my ability to do so again next time.

aq 1 & 2: Don't know...

Namaste',

dwb

• dominy

" Meditation has been glorified as a results of fact the main sacred vocation. human beings on my own are able to the optimum attempt, by using which they might hasten their very very own evolution. In making waiting ourselves for meditation, we would desire to continually first acquire the skill to look interior. you will possibly be able to desire to benefit to bypass approximately your daily habitual and uninterruptedly watch the suggestions…enable or no longer that is a silent observer of the workings of your inner existence and estimate the motives, intentions and purposes that lie at the back of your suggestions, words and deeds. " Meditation has in many circumstances been misunderstood as thinking or contemplation. even even with the undeniable fact that that isn't any longer so. ===== Trisha ======

toughest thing is to be your presence. more you are in present more easy to be meditate.

present means only present, no past no future, if inhalation is in middle then you must also be in middle. but mind will either thinking about starting point[past] or thinking bout ending point[future]

it would be wrong to say, "person lost his mind", because mind remains in same place, but your awareness becomes so vast and intense that in the presence of it, no thoughts survives. so it is an empty, not a dead mind. it means thoughts can come even you are in meditating states, but under your absolute awareness.

My own self centered wants, needs and desires. No you are not suppose to be without mind. Emptying of the mind is contrary to Christian faith. For the bible tells us we are transformed by the renewing of our mind.

Romans 12:2

New King James Bible

2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Lots of unavoidable thoughts(VISUALs or WORDs) float in mind and create mess in mind.

So, it's better to transform the thoughts to thoughts of God as thinking about various images of God.

For example , when attacked heavily by dirty thoughts. See GODDESS KALI dancing and holding KHADGA and killing crowd of evil.

Thanx.

• SHIVA

Sorry to say it is food .

Source(s): bn