Can anybody help me with this issue? (Real question in "More detail box".)?

when I start up my laptop, ASUS, it goes to a black screen with a cursor after it starts up where the log-in name, accounts if you want to call it, suppose to be at. I tried pushing F3 then F8 to bring up the list of "Startup Repairs" (Gives me this: If you have recently attached a device to this... show more when I start up my laptop, ASUS, it goes to a black screen with a cursor after it starts up where the log-in name, accounts if you want to call it, suppose to be at. I tried pushing F3 then F8 to bring up the list of "Startup Repairs" (Gives me this: If you have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see this message, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance. {I didn't have anything plugged into it but the power cord itself.}), "System Restore" (Gives me this: No restore points have been created on your computer's system drive. To create a restore point open System Protection.), "System Image Recovery" (Gives me this: Windows cannot find a system image on this computer. Attach the backup hard disk or insert the final DVD from a backup set and click Retry. Alternatively, close this dialog for more options.{Doesn't give me the option to CHANGE the option.}), "Windows Memory Diagnostic" (Gives me this: It checks for errors, but leads me back to my black screen with the cursor, and the cursor won't even move at all.), "Command Prompt" (Don't really have to explain this at all.)

I've heard that you can unplug the power cord, turn the computer off, then remove the battery. In that process hold down the power button for 30 seconds to 2 minutes and it suppose to fix the problem. Will, sadly, I've tried that and it doesn't fix my problem what-so-ever!

Another thing is, people say, "Push Alt+Ctrl+Del, "New Task", then type explore.exe and hit enter". Well, in my issue, you can't push "ALT+CTRL+DEL", sorry. On my start up, I had a password on my account before logging on, so it didn't go start to background.

With all this said and done, anybody know what to do to fix this? I tried to word this the best that I can, but I've searched in a lot of place, but hadn't found a solution yet and it's bugging the hell out of me. I can't even get the re-installation CD to work, but yet again, the CD is for a DELL computer and not for mine. I never got a CD with my laptop for some reason. Yet again, I don't know what button to push to even start up the CD or what Functional Key to push to help my own self out.

This might help, too.. "Operating System: Windows 7 on (C:) Vista64"