when it is raining heavily, where do the birds go...i dont see them on the trees, where do they take shelter?

When it rains birds generally go into the holes of the trees.But the rain cannot do anything harm to the birds because birds has a oily sebum in its feathers which drives off the rain waters .The also take shelter in the holes of any old house.They also take shelter in their nest which is usually under the leaves and branches.

1

Source(s): DIY Chicken Coop Plans - http://ChickenCoop.raiwi.com/?ILE

There are many places where birds take shelter during the rain. You might find a dozen of them sitting on the branches of real dense trees, or abandoned public places/houses, even under the garage roof of your house, under most of the window roofs of the city buildings, etc.

Trees shrubs bushes,barns, under poarch awnings,where ever they can find shelter close by,...

i have two morning doves that sit on an outdoor table i have placed under a tree in my backyard...they come to my yard all the time as i have a bird feeder,and sprinkle seeds on the ground for the birds (like doves) that are ground feeders...so they kinda hang out by my house alot,when it rains they sit huttled close together on that table under that tree....like two little lovebirds:) I can also hear them cooing some mornings when i wake up ,i love that cooing sound they make:)

==========

Teddy Bear

==========

when its raining mostly birds take shelter in old houses, holes in trees, many types of birds leave that area and stay out of that are until it stops raining. but the birds can bare heavy rain also because the have waxy substance on their feathers which don't lets rain water to stay on feathers.

Unmarried Birds migrate to other places whereas birds with family stay close in their nests.

definite im sixteen tho yet my mom raised me correct so definite i might proportion my umbrella and that i might walk you to the place ever you had to be walked to. or i might provide you the umbrella and in basic terms get soaked in the rain. its ok tho im chuffed understanding that i made human beings : D

The hollows they make in the eaves of your house.

above the clouds where there is no rain.. everyone knows that