Neo asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 9 years ago

Which countries have never been conquered, colonized, or ruled by any other country?

Wars, Conquering, Colonizing, Ruling Always Has Taken Place In The Whole Worlds History, And It Always Matters In Human Being’s Existence As Their History. So I Was Curious To Know Some Truth About It. Just A Simple Question “Countries Which Have Never (Means Never) Been Ruled By Any(Means Any) Other Country.”... I Searched Through Out Internet, And Found A Lot Of People Making It More Complicated.

Such As: Some People Says It’s Thailand, Some Says China, Some England, Some Says Mongolia… ... So On.

Thailand: - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_Empire

China: - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_Empire

England:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_conquest_of_En...

Mongolia:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Mongolia

In Fact None Of Them Were The Right Answer... So Placed The Same Question Here Again, May Be Some One Out There Have Answer With Facts.

* Please Don't Answer The Question Just To Answer It, Answer Only If You Really Know The Expect Of Question As Well As The Base Of Answer With Reasonable Historical Fact And Evidences’.

Thank You!

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Vegito
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favourite answer

All countries have been conquered at some point in history except Nepal(supposedly)...everyone forgets Nepal, they have never been conquered neither occupied by any other nation.

Otherwise, as for as i know, each and every country has been either occupied or conquered or ruled by another one at least for some time in the last 3000 years.But this is supposedly, it has not been proven 100% yet.

England was conquered by the Romans.

Also contrary to popular belief, Scotland has been conquered by England,In 1652 the forces of the English Republic under Oliver Cromwell completed the military conquest of Scotland, imposing an English government regime which was supported by 10,000 troops and a network of fortresses, lasting until the restoration of the monarchy in 1660.subjugated by English many times, including the rule of King Edward Longshanks and Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell.

USA, Canada, Mexico, and Americas- Native Americans conquered and land colonized

Australia- Aboriginal defeat at the hands of the British

Japan- US occupation following WWII

Thailand- Japanese during WW II

Afghanistan- ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Nepal can be argued for, although it served as a vassal state of the Gupta Empire and also under the incredible influence of the British Empire.

Sweden, which has maintained its sovereignty throughout history has had many unions with other countries, becoming semi-autonomous, most notably the Kalmar Union. During World War II, the Swedes served at the whim of the Third Reich of Germany, although they pleaded neutral, like Switzerland.

Bhutan has some claims, for records of the period between the 7th and 9th centuries are sketchy. Claims have been made that the Kamarupa Kingdom or Tibetan Empire conquered it during this time. The British and Indians have also had considerable influence.

So most countries have never remained autonomous. And Sweden, Nepal, and Bhutan (which has sketchy history) have come under major influence.

Ethiopia has never been colonized in its 3000 years history except the 5 years occupation of Italy.

Ethiopians were able to defeat Italy in the Battle of Adwa in 1896 and became the first black nation to successful repel colonization.

The five year occupation may disqualify Ethiopia from being one of the countries that have never been "conquered."

But if we consider occupation as being "conquered", all the countries that are listed above have been "conquered" since they have definitely been occupied not ruled by some other people at some point in their history.

Source(s): Young historian
    • Jason3 years agoReport

Wrong- The USA as a Nation has never been conquered, and has remained under the same government since its founding. Most New World countries have never been conquered in fact.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 years ago

Countries Never Colonized

• 5 years ago

Nepal has only been a country since 1769. Before that, a number of Kingdoms fought each other and Tibet, so it is difficult so say that it "has never been conquered." Additionally, Nepal had to cede about 1/3 of its land to the British after the Anglo-Nepalese war. Nepal also lost many privileges after the war, including the right to raise a military and who could and could not be hired by Nepal. Nepal also had to have British representatives at court. I would argue that the British really ruled Nepal during this time, at least partly. Britain ruled over Nepal much like Germany ruled over Sweden.

I would argue that the longest a country has gone without being conquered, colonized, or ruled by another would be England, since 1066. And if there has been any country that has not be CCorR in its existence, it is the USA. Since it kick the British out, the USA has never had more than a small fraction of its land occupied by a foreign army and has never taken orders from any other country.

• ...Show all comments
    • Roxton4 years agoReport

thats literally wrong man
      England was colonized by Romans
      dont you know that
      you shouldnt post any thing you dont really know about

• 4 years ago

MONTENEGRO has never been conquered or enslaved. Especially under Ottoman invasion in Europe. Not even during WW1 or WW2. Joining Yugoslavia might be considered as "conquer" but it still was independent state in SFRY. ENGLAND/UK was never conquered as well. As much as I know European history. RUSSIA too. Germans tried both, but without success. Not sure about SWITZERLAND, they were always neutral and never involved in any war.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 years ago

I think a more reasonable question would be what countries are believe to never have been colonized in recorded history. I would not count Antarctica as it is not a country.

• 6 years ago

Wasn't Nepal conquered by the Mongols?

• puga
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

this is a huge question! i think of the respond is "none" yet i'm no longer a hundred% particular. notice that as quickly as eu countries began colonizing Africa there have been very few countries in Africa - the rustic state is a incredibly new build 18th/nineteenth century.

• 6 years ago

afghanistahn, iran, saudi, nepal, bhutan, mongolia, switzerland, poland, sweden, czek, austia, and some part of china.... are some countries, you have to include the countries which made colonization like british, france, spain, portugal, russia japan, belgium, germany, dutch, turkey, italy

Attachment image
  • 6 years ago

I am 1000% sure Nepal is a country which was never ruled by any other country, conquered or colonized.

• 6 years ago

The only country that has never been conquered is TURKEY.

DON T FORGET ATILLA HUNS, GINGIS KHAN, SELCUK, OTTOMAN, AND AT LAST TURKEY.

• N6 years agoReport

Are you sure about that? The U.S. has never been conquered either.
      Turkey: Formerly the Byzantine Empire, conquered by the Ottomans.
      Ottomans: Conquered by the allies in World War I and had their empire dismantled.
      Atilla the Hun: Not really a country per se. Beaten by the Romans............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.