Which computer processor is better?

Which computer processor is better???

2.66GHz Intel quad Core i5

or

Intel quad Core i7-2670M 2.70GHz(up to 3.30GHz on turbo boost)

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best answer

The i7 you are on about is a Mobile variant.

as for i7 over i5 it depends on what you are doing with the machine If you are just going to be gaming the i5 is better as games don't support hyper-threading.

As this is posted under desktops you should be looking at the 2500k i5 or the 2600k i7

Source(s): MyBrain² 30+ Years Computer Experience.
  • 8 years ago

Intel quad Core i7-2670M 2.70GHz is the best of ur choice..

• 8 years ago

The i7...it has part of the north bridge built into it might be the wave of the future. For most things either one is excellent so don't sell the i5 short. They both exceed anything most of us need.

• 8 years ago

Your comparing Apples and Oranges. The "M" stands for mobile so I assume you have picked a laptop. you cant compare a "mobile" processor with a standard PC processor. Be a bit more specific. the only 2670 I know of is the 2670QM 2.2GHz the 2620M is 2.7GHz ..An i5 processor in "M" at 2.60GHz would be the 2540M or the 480M at 2.67GHz

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Quad core i7 but it will be extremely expensive.

• 8 years ago

Any i7 is better than any i5

• anurag
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

read the fine print, its a i7-2670'M', means its a mobile verient of i7 cpu and perfomance is nowhere near the standard i7-2600 desktop cpu, know it..

Laptop and desktop i7's are not same.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i7

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i7 > i5.

Obviously... lol.

• 8 years ago

The one with bigger #s is ALWAYS better.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.