If the Universe will continue to expand forever?

without ever stopping, would the idea of eternal return be plausible? Or because matter is neither created or destroyed, could the idea of a natural reincarnation without the intervention of anything supernatural also occur? My question is, what is most likely the case: a universe that will expand forever, or one... show more without ever stopping, would the idea of eternal return be plausible? Or because matter is neither created or destroyed, could the idea of a natural reincarnation without the intervention of anything supernatural also occur? My question is, what is most likely the case: a universe that will expand forever, or one that will constantly expand and contract? If the universe expands and contracts for infinity, why would we always come back exactly the same with exactly the same lives? Wouldn't it be more realistic that in the big crunch and the new Big Bang, things would be reordered and rearranged? I don't really understand these theories and I guess am just wondering if eternal return is likely or just a myth.
5 answers 5