Are there any credible sources who dispute Drake's Equation?

I am doing an astronomy project and am having trouble finding anything trying to dispute drakes equation. anything will help. thanks

Drake's Equation isn't controversial per se; it states what seems to be logical truth about the existence of star civilizations. The controversy is that the factors in the equation are vague to the point of ridiculous; different people can give wildly differing values for factors with equally compelling arguments, and there is no way of judging which value is more correct. As a result it attracts a lot of "religious" arguments, where people come into the argument with their conclusions already reached and have some need to convince others.

Drake's equation is 50 years old. Yes, in fifty years there were quite a few credible sources that disputed the equation,

You really should try to do a Google search on "Disputations of Drake's equation, because I got 3,939,000 hits in 0.12 seconds. You'll have to some research on which ones are credible.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie...

Source(s): Science News daily e-mails. Shall I find the date of the e-mail where the 50th anniversary of Drake's equation ws mentioned, or is that TMI?