Are there any credible sources who dispute Drake's Equation?

I am doing an astronomy project and am having trouble finding anything trying to dispute drakes equation. anything will help. thanks

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Drake's Equation isn't controversial per se; it states what seems to be logical truth about the existence of star civilizations. The controversy is that the factors in the equation are vague to the point of ridiculous; different people can give wildly differing values for factors with equally compelling arguments, and there is no way of judging which value is more correct. As a result it attracts a lot of "religious" arguments, where people come into the argument with their conclusions already reached and have some need to convince others.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Drake's equation is 50 years old. Yes, in fifty years there were quite a few credible sources that disputed the equation,

You really should try to do a Google search on "Disputations of Drake's equation, because I got 3,939,000 hits in 0.12 seconds. You'll have to some research on which ones are credible.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie...

Source(s): Science News daily e-mails. Shall I find the date of the e-mail where the 50th anniversary of Drake's equation ws mentioned, or is that TMI?
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.