Looking for a 90s rock song...?

Came out around '95 or '96, a post-grunge alternative song. I cannot for the life of me remember either the band or song name, and the only lyrics I remember were "Stay with me, Diana". I'm typically encyclopedic when it comes to music, but I'm at a complete loss on this one. It... show more Came out around '95 or '96, a post-grunge alternative song. I cannot for the life of me remember either the band or song name, and the only lyrics I remember were "Stay with me, Diana". I'm typically encyclopedic when it comes to music, but I'm at a complete loss on this one. It received a nominal amount of airplay, but disappeared quickly despite being, I thought, a decent song. If I'm not mistaken it's about a guy in love with an under-aged girl. I remember trying to learn to play it on guitar and think it may have been in Drop D standard.

A bit more info: it had heavy distortion guitar and a moderate-tempo. I've googled it 'til I'm blue in the face, but all the results I get are Paul Anka and it's DEFINITELY not him. 90s grunge/alternative fans, please come to the aid of a fellow Generation X-er!
Update: @Pancake - no. Bobby Rydell was a singer back in the '60s. This was a hard rock song from the mid-90s.
Update 2: Lucy -- thanks for trying, but that's not it either. That OLP song is from '02; this is a song from the mid-90s. Thanks again, though. :)