What's the catch between Att dsl without phone line at 24.95$ and home phone service plus dsl at 19.95?

Sounds to good to be true, as I spoke with sale rep. They advised me the dsl will be 24.95 (there r other option $19.95) but I was interested in the 24.95. So I fished for information becuz they don't really tell you everything. Yet advised me it's 24.95advance + equipment fee for a modem (I wanted a $99... show more Sounds to good to be true, as I spoke with sale rep. They advised me the dsl will be 24.95 (there r other option $19.95) but I was interested in the 24.95. So I fished for information becuz they don't really tell you everything. Yet advised me it's 24.95advance + equipment fee for a modem (I wanted a $99 one) $100 so basically my first bill bill have $25 advance fe (which is month 1) $25 second month becuz I bet it takes them a month to send u ur first bill n by then ull have another plus the 100$ equipment fee so in total about 150$ + taxes and other charges estimate 180 VS PHONE AND DSL AT $19.95 same speed! Free equipment and what they dont tell yo u is the installation of the phone line which is 46$ plus Internet charge. Monthly charges for phone and dsl would be 19.95 monthly +$46 installation (free if u add two calling feature!) unlike me I have a wireless service and don't need home phone but for the price and no equipment fee deals it's something to think about

Can someone who as this service plz advise me if my calculation are right, what was your first bill like