Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCricket · 8 years ago

What was Cricket Australia thinking?

Well ok, obviously they were thinking of the dollars from their stripy pijamas nonsense that is the BBL. Yet just going on a point i brought up in Jinxies question...

However why on earth would you schedule the BBL right through the middle of the Australian summer , whilst the Indians tour and give fringe players and those that need to go back to basics in the domestic league absolutely nothing to work with aside from T20 garbage? Are they attempting to hand the series to Indian? Are all they going to do is silly swing and seam camps to correct deficiencies? What exactly will Phil Hughes be doing to correct his horrific technique aside from a stint in club cricket? The Sheffield Shield does not resume until the start of February. This is just incomprehensible. I dont really mind the BBL exisiting, it just should have been put at the start of the domestic summer not in the middle of it. I dont think the IPL is done the same unless some one can elighten me?

CA stands for Cackling Asses now.

I think Johnh may be right.I gave up expecting anything from CA long ago.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't much thinking going on. t .2-oh is such a perfect vehicle in preparation for a test series. It simply defies logic, something we've come to expect.

I'd say there'll be a change in scheduling next season (as this was locked in by the previous admin) once it's demonstrated to be a foolish miscalculation.

Ed: While listening to the Boring Bash Lounge last night, I'm pretty sure Kerry O'Keefe was calling it the 'Naughty Batting Camp'

we don't cheat its merely that we've a extra efficient training application and a extra efficient set up i.e training any have been interior the international and we've been fortunate to have the two superb bowlers in our factor for terribly almost 12 years shane warne re invented leg spin and then had reliable ol mcgarth with dizzy gillispie and ayoung and up and coming brett lee... circumstances might look lean yet while australia wins the a million day seris they are going to beat s/a over there interior the attempt sequence

20/20 is all about commercial greed.

OK, so it's marginally entertaining but bottom line is it will never take over from Test cricket.

Leave it for young non 1st class players as a route to being noticed by selectors and as an aid to help them and Australia improve.

I'm not all for ex 1st class payers being part of it but money talks and commercial greed gets what it wants. Should be for up and comers. Just as 'entertaining' with those types knocking on the door as it would be watching Warne & Hayden etc.

i think the Aus might need a rest but there goin strait into test with India after SA and New Zealand tour but that might be in there favor as theyl be match fit but India have time for there guys to rehab

Simply money orientated. They are trying to lure the younger people to the T20 form of the game. youth has no time for Test cricket these days , and T20 is just the right length , to keep their attention span.I still think they should try double header games. afetr all, it is only another 20 overs each.

How to take Australian cricket to 16th century quickly. Another bunch of useless, timid, decision makers, who are not wiling to infuse fresh blood but continue circling sceptic blood in the system. Too many dead wood that should have been weeded out long long ago.

One can only describe it as a dirty cash grab. People like to call a certain cricket board greedy yet it seems cricket Australia have stooped to the same abysmal levels.

Every board wants to earn money. Its not only BCCI.

May be dropping Punter