Last night I sent my new bf a text telling him that I missed him a lot...?

...and he responded by saying, "Well I will say this: a night with you beats the hell out of a night of work".

Uh, okay. Seeing as he was really dreading going to work last night (it was his first day back after being off for two weeks), should I be offended by his text?

(Note: we live in different cities and work completely opposite shifts; as such, we are only able to see each other on weekends. Additionally, I've never been good at expressing my feelings - which is strange for a woman, I know - so this text was an attempt to let him know that I was thinking about him and missing him when we weren't together.... In other words, it's not like I send him "mushy" texts every day; as a matter of fact, last night's text was the only "mushy" one that he's ever received from me.)

hahaha no no no! don't be!! he was just saying how much he hated work and how much he missed you too! he didn't word it really well but he didn't mean anything bye it... :)

also since this was the first time for him (or so...idk if you have told him before) but he was probably taken back by you sending that to him! soo that is probably the first thing that came to his mind...trying to make you not miss him more...but to feel better.... see what i am saying

sooo he didn't mean anything by it!! i know txt are hard to understand sometimes....if he said it to you you probably would of understood.. :)

good luck!

No, no need to be offended by it. If anything you just read too much into what he was saying and misinterpreted his meaning - texts can do that. He basically was saying he missed you but he didn't phrase it well enough.

A simple "i miss you too" would have sufficed on his part. Guys, we sometimes talk out of our azz sometimes and may say things that, although we mean well, may come out wrong and may even be taken as offensive. But for him his mind may have been on something else at the time you sent him that text which resulted in his response.

But for his sake and yours, LET IT GO!! IT's no a big deal. He loves you and you know that. There's no need to linger on about something this small and then start a stupid argument over nothing about it. I have been thru that and it doesn't turn out well.

Lol that message can definitely be taken the wrong way or as a joking matter, I see where you are coming from however I don't think he meant for it to come across in a negative way. I think he misses you and that was his way of expressing his feelings for you. It's not like he said I would rather be at home on the couch watching tv and scratching my private, he said he would rather be with you. Hear that!

Thanks for the advice on my question.

I wouldn't be offended I would just let him know that was rude and I was expecting something like "I miss you too!" Just so he kinda gets an idea of what to respond with next time! I wouldn't sweat it too much let this one slide its not worth the argument..

If I were in your shoes I wouldn't be offended. Guys just aren't always the best at wording things, and women always overreact, or try to read into things that shouldn't be read into. He was just saying that he was dreading work, and that he missed you. Just take it lightly.

Source(s): I'm a female, but often considered as 'one of the guys'.

provide up pestering him, he's clearly drained. go away it til day after immediately (day of the date) then if he hasnt contacted you via then you ought to text textile him. do not act too clingy or obsessive you do not want to scare the guy off

You shouldn't be offended it's a sweet text, he's saying he would rather be with you than be at work, he sound so sweet sending that. bless him.

Thanks for answering my question

• Riley

I would be annoyed if that happened to me BUT ... you gotta remember, this is how they are. if we get upset, we're over-analyzing, if we get offended, we're being stupid, if we get mad, then we're crazy. Maybe it wasn't the right way to say he misses you too but let's just let this one slide :)

• Why would you be offended? He's saying that he would rather be with you than at work.

well you can be offended but i wouldn't cause he's saying that he'd rather be with you then be at work