Last night I sent my new bf a text telling him that I missed him a lot...?

...and he responded by saying, "Well I will say this: a night with you beats the hell out of a night of work". Uh, okay. Seeing as he was really dreading going to work last night (it was his first day back after being off for two weeks), should I be offended by his text? (Note: we live in different... show more ...and he responded by saying, "Well I will say this: a night with you beats the hell out of a night of work".

Uh, okay. Seeing as he was really dreading going to work last night (it was his first day back after being off for two weeks), should I be offended by his text?

(Note: we live in different cities and work completely opposite shifts; as such, we are only able to see each other on weekends. Additionally, I've never been good at expressing my feelings - which is strange for a woman, I know - so this text was an attempt to let him know that I was thinking about him and missing him when we weren't together.... In other words, it's not like I send him "mushy" texts every day; as a matter of fact, last night's text was the only "mushy" one that he's ever received from me.)