Compromise on TV in the Bedroom?

I've had this argument with multiple guys I've dated, and I'm having it again. I've been seeing a guy for about a month, and we always hang out at my place, for multiple reasons not related to this question. He claims he "has" to fall asleep watching TV. He "needs" the... show more I've had this argument with multiple guys I've dated, and I'm having it again. I've been seeing a guy for about a month, and we always hang out at my place, for multiple reasons not related to this question.
He claims he "has" to fall asleep watching TV. He "needs" the noise, etc.
I absolutely can't sleep with the TV on. I've tried multiple times before in my life, and it's never worked. I've passed out after a couple hours before, but always wake up like 10 mins later absolutely miserable. I need darkness and quiet or I simply can not sleep.
He thinks I'm being ridiculous, and says that "if you were really tired, you'd be able to sleep with the TV on." He thinks I'm just used to getting my own way on everything. He says I'm just looking for an excuse to complain just because I'd "prefer" the TV off and that I'm lying about not being able to sleep with it on just to get my own way.
I offered to let him use my headphone jack extension cord (it stretches across the room easily) on night that he's over, so that he can listen to the tv from the bed, while I wear an eye mask so that the light doesn't bother me. He says it's unreasonable for me to expect him to try to sleep wearing headphhones, and that they're uncomfortable and he won't be able to sleep with them in.
He says that the fair compromise would be for me to just "deal with it" only on the nights that he's over, since he only comes over 2-3 nights per week, and I get to sleep with the tv off all the other nights.
We're having a power struggle over the precedent that's going to be set for the remainder of the relationship, no doubt about that.
I really like this guy, and this is our only point of disagreement so far. Is there any compromise without me seeing a precedent of doing all the giving?
Update: Yes, I can sleep with headphones in and nature/ambient music on, but I work nights, and my nights off are when we spend the night together. Those are the only nights that I get to sleep at night, and have the luxury of peace and quiet and darkness, and I only get to twice a week. When I'm working, I always... show more Yes, I can sleep with headphones in and nature/ambient music on, but I work nights, and my nights off are when we spend the night together. Those are the only nights that I get to sleep at night, and have the luxury of peace and quiet and darkness, and I only get to twice a week. When I'm working, I always have to sleep with headphones in and an eye mask on in order to sleep during the day since it's so light and noisy in here, so I only get to sleep without those twice a week, which I told him.

I did think of what I think might be a fair compromise though. Since he is admittedly doing quite a bit of driving that he wouldn't otherwise be doing in order to be with me, maybe when he drives here, I'll let him sleep with the tv on, and I'll wear headphones and a mask. But when I drive to see him, he can sleep with the tv off. It seems like a fair compromise, and since he usually drives here, he should be sleeping with the tv on the majority of the time.