Humans vs animals... Are we evil by nature?

Are you a pet lover? Do you love animals more than humans? Do you think humans are cruel etc etc compared to animals? But what about Lions and other carnivorous creatures who prey on other innocent animals? I mean even sheep feed on grass. and they hurt the feelings of the innocent grass if you think about it. just... show more Are you a pet lover? Do you love animals more than humans? Do you think humans are cruel etc etc compared to animals? But what about Lions and other carnivorous creatures who prey on other innocent animals? I mean even sheep feed on grass. and they hurt the feelings of the innocent grass if you think about it. just because the grass cant speak for itself doesnt mean it is not hurt. So should humans be blamed for their selfishness? because I believe selfish humans far outweigh unselfish humans. What do you think about this? Are we programmed in our DNA to be this way? I am not really looking for a right or wrong answer . just your thought on this issue. I have been thinking about humans and how cruel we can be. but are we not more than animals? can we not control ourselves and dictate our response to things? Or is our animalistic side or preprogrammed side stronger than the side we can control? Do you sometimes catch yourself doing something that you know is very wrong and hurtful? Does this prove anything with regards to our true nature?
12 answers 12