Lorenzo H asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

Is my mental health in jeopardy?

A co-worker lied to our boss during a meeting, telling him in front of a lot of people that a particularly serious mistake was my fault.

It seems strange to me that I didn't get upset or feel anger toward the liar. All I did was calmly prove I had nothing to do with the problem. and internally acknowledge the co-worker is someone to distrust.

Thanks for the useful answers.

• Harry

wow..I just gone mental..

• From a psychologists point of view there is nothing wrong with your mental health.

The reason that you didn't get upset or angry was because in your sub-conscious you realized that by being calm and dealing with the situation in a professional way would be more beneficial to you in the long run.

If I was you I wouldn't be to worried at all :)

Source(s): Just finished my Psych and Sociology course at Uni :)

It sounds like you're afraid that because you didn't get mad at this person that you are risking your own mental health. I'd say from what you wrote that you were not only in control of yourself in a situation that most people are not, but that you proved you have emotional intelligence. The question tells me that this was probably a first for you, and that you are feeling weird about not getting upset because that's your feeling about what a "normal" reaction is. You get to choose what is normal, and you are constantly going to keep growing. Keep doing what you're doing. Sounds like you're doing fine.

It is because of ur motive in posting the question. Do u feel better about the situation now that you've shared the circumstances with the Internet?

That sounds reasonable. Why would anybody get angry if they had proof of their innocence and the other parties' guilt? If anything, it would make me laugh to think that they believed they could actually get away with it! Lol.

Two words

Stop muster.........bation

One reason

Because it will cause you prostate cancer

No, I don't think it does.