How to get my boyfriend to stop being a jerk?

I don't understand why my boyfriend is even dating me. When we first started seeing each other, he was so nice. Today is our 9-week mark since our first date. The past month he's gotten progressively worse, until the other day it culminated and I started crying and he didn't care. We went on a... show more I don't understand why my boyfriend is even dating me. When we first started seeing each other, he was so nice. Today is our 9-week mark since our first date. The past month he's gotten progressively worse, until the other day it culminated and I started crying and he didn't care. We went on a weekend vacation together to Daytona beach, about 2 1/2 hours away. While we were there, he went out to a bar in the middle of the night while i was sleeping in the hotel. He called me at 12:30 at night and asked me to WALK over there to join him. I said no, and hung up and turned off my phone. I was mad that he went out without me during OUR vacation. I don't see why it's imperative that he go out and get drunk; he's supposed to want to be with me, not be drunk--he can get drunk any time, but this was our vacation together. When I said I was upset he says "you know what? If you're mad, whatever--that's stupid. Do what you want."
Then the next day he was too hung over to do anything and laid in bed until 5 mins before check out.
Then I offered to drive home since he was complaining the last 2 weeks about doing all the driving. But the entire way back I couldn't make a move without him complaining about my driving. I've been driving for over 9 years with no accidents. No matter what I did, whether I was speeding up, slowing down, taking an exit to go pee, he had a problem with it and complained incessantly about what a horrible driver I was. I suggested several times he be quiet and take a nap, and he'd just say I wasn't tired, and then say "you should WANT to improve your driving--everyone has room for improvement."
Then when we were almost home he started saying he was starving, and I said I'd fix dinner. He kept saying how hungry he was, so I decided to make something quick. I threw some bbq pork (the kind in a tub) in the microwave and made toast, and made us sandwiches, and he ate his sandwich, then immediately started complaining that he couldn't believe I made that for him, and that it was garbage. I said fine I'll never cook for you again, and he said "GOOD. Glad I've dodged that bullet." I said he didn't hesitate to eat it, and he says "I was starving, I would have eaten dog sh**, and I would have preferred it." He went on an on for over half an hour about how he couldn't believe I made such horrible food for him, while going through my fridge and pantry. He wasn't joking--he was completely serious. I told him I wouldn't make it again, but he didn't need to keep going, and he tells me very condescendingly that "I'm not being a jerk--I'm just letting you know so that you don't do it again." He's not helping pay for groceries. I cook for him almost every day, and no matter what I do, he eats it, but then complains that it's not made from scratch. Even when I made home made pizza crust, he complained that the sauce wasn't made from scratch. I don't make much money, I can't afford to make gourmet meals. Any other guy I would have made Hot Pockets for, and had no complaints. I don't understand. And I do his laundry for him the last month, and fold and hang it, because he leaves his dirty clothes on my bathroom floor and I don't want to leave it there because that's gross so I throw it in the hamper, and he complains if his clothes aren't dry by the next time he comes over????

He's always commenting on my weight, ever since I told him how much I weigh. He didn't have a problem until he knew how much I weighed, then he said he couldn't believe I weighed so much, and is always commenting now how I need to exercise more, and I can't eat anything without him commenting on it. I tell him it hurts my feelings and he tells me that someone needs to tell me so I'll know, like he's my savior or something. I look fine; I have a lot of muscle because I just got out of the Army less than 7 months ago, and I still work out regularly.

I've tried yelling and he just yells back. I try comebacks and he just rolls his eyes. I've tried being nice, and he seems to see it as weakness. I'm not sure what to do. He rarely shows me any affection any more unless he wants to get laid, and even then he never cuddles afterwards. He was so nice and pleasant at first, and always telling me I was pretty, called me every day, and wanted to take me out. What's the magic trick that I'm missing, because none of my friends seem to have to put up with this stuff, and I always fall into these relationships.
Update: He is 34 years old and I'm 27. I'm a full time graduate school student and work full time for the government. He works full time.