I'd say being homophobic is slowly being frowned upon like homosexuality is. Anybody agree?

Which is a good thing to; I'm not homophobic or homosexual at all but I'm glad the gay community is being respected.

Anybody else agree?

The trouble is they out do all the good, by preventing people from being homophobic by effectively censoring what they can say.

Homophobia is definitely frowned upon, but not enough in the right way.

• What country(ies) are we discussing? Homosexuality is punished by death in 7-8 countries, and prison in a few others (Up to life in prison in a few.) Even in many countries where it is legal, most people are still homophobic. I only agree partially, since what you say only applies to certain countries.

• 84

you can't force people to respect or condone your way of life...

the same moral framework that gives gays rights and opportunity to further causes sensitive to their peer-group is the same moral framework that gives people the right to not agree with them.

you don't want people frowning on homosexuality?? then don't frown on homophobia, it's hypocritical.

people have the right to their own preconceptions, beliefs and should be allowed to form their own moral compass, I won't be having beers with people that bigoted any time soon, but i'm not going to run around telling them that what theyre doing is wrong either..

the freedom gays enjoy to be gay, is the same freedom that allows bigots to be narrowminded about these types of things.

like it, don't like it, deal with it.

Ha, I wish. It isn't frowned upon enough.

I'm bisexual, I still find hate easily. At school, some people and teachers, at home, my parents...

• I don't think homophobia is frowned on enough.

I mean it's POINTLESS HATE! How can hating someone for no reason ever be accepted or considered normal.

5 years ago I would insult someone for being a fag, bender, queer or a homo but know I have become more accepting and frown upon homophobia as do most of my friends.

• Andrew

totally espeically since im gay

I agree.

yup

i disagree and nobody is ever going to respect people with disgusting sexual habits