Shoum
Shoum asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 9 years ago

Will a cow cry at the slaughter house?

The Bull Who Cried:

Knowing it was about to be slaughtered, a bull in Hong Kong did what many people fail to realize or are skeptic about when it comes to animals - he showed emotion.

As reported by "Weekly World News", a group of workers walked a bull to a packaging factory. They were about to slaughter him to make steaks and beef stews. When they were close to the front door of the slaughter house, the sorrowful bull suddenly stopped going forward and knelt down on his two front legs. The bull... was all in tears.

How did he know he was going to get killed before he entered the slaughter house? He is even smarter than people.

Mr. Shiu, a butcher recalled, "When I saw this kind of so-called "stupid" animal sobbing and with his eyes in fear and sorrow, I started trembling." "I called the rest over to see. They were just as surprised. We kept pushing the bull forward, but he just didn't want to move and sat there crying."

Billy Fong, owner of the packaging factory said, "People thought animals didn't cry like human beings. However that bull really sobbed like a baby." At that time, more than ten strong men witnessed the scene and they were all touched. Those who were responsible for slaughtering even felt more touched and teared as well.

Other workers working at the same slaughter house also came to see the crying bull. It was all packed with people. They were all shock by this scene. Three of them said they would never forget this crying bull when they slaughter other animals.

With both man and animal crying, everyone knew that nobody could kill the bull. The problem was, what should they do with him? In the end, they raised funds to buy this crying bull and sent him to a temple, where the kind monks would take care of him for life.

After the workers had made a decision, a miracle happened. A worker said, "When we promised this bull that we will not kill him, he started moving and followed us."

How did he understand people's words?

Mr. Shiu said "Believe it or not? This is real although it sounds unbelievable." No doubt, this bull changed these butchers' lives.

Hopefully this story has in turn changed yours.

News from face book-http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150628776...

Have you seen the tears of the cow as she runs desperately behind the cart that is carrying her calf away to slaughter? I have and it is like a permanent open wound inside my heart. When I stop a truck from taking buffaloes illegally to slaughter and fifty jumbled creatures stumble out from a space meant for eight, I see their faces wet with the tears of fear and pain.

Since all animals and birds share the feelings of love, care, motherhood, pain, territorial possessiveness and intelligence, it is natural that they will also feel the emotions of depression, loss , fear and all the nuances in between.

All animals can shed tears. Tears are an important protection and lubricant for the eye. They flush out irritants and keep the eye wet to enhance vision. But scientists like to presume that only humans cry “ emotional” tears while all the rest are caused by irritation of the eyes. This inspite of the fact that all experiments have shown that loss or death shows weeping in chimpanzees, dogs, elephants and bears – so far. In fact those who work in the field of studying animal behaviour are advised by the standard reference work, The Oxford Companion to Animal Behavior, advises animal behaviorists that "One is well advised to study the behaviour, rather than attempting to get at any underlying emotion".Because of the philosophical questions of consciousness and mind involved, many scientists have stayed away from examining animal emotion, and have studied instead, measurable brain functions, through neuroscience.

When Elephants Weep: The Emotional Lives of Animals by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson and Susan McCarthy is a book that should be read by everyone who has seen an elephant being beaten on its head by its mahout ( last week , the Kairali news channel showed an undercover film on the killing of elephants in Kerala for insurance money by a gang headed by a retired forest officer and his son. They buy sick elephants on the pretext of treating them and kill them by beating in its head with bats , take out the tusks and nails and then get the insurance money.) or being separated from its herd. When an elephant dies, all the group surrounds it and weeps. When a baby is hurt, the mother will not leave it – even if it means sitting on a railway track. Baby elephants in particular produce a very sad, keening sound. Charles Darwin said that the keeper of the Indian elephants at the London Zoo told him the elephants would weep sorrowfully .

If you have ever seen a donkey cry, your world will never be the same again. Those deep large tears that roll out from under its long eyelashes carving valleys down its cheeks, the trembling of its lips, the hunching of its shoulders. One can only rail at the cruelty of the human species that it could abuse such a tender fragile creature.

Do animals cry ? Of course they do. You simply have to look into their eyes to know. Marc Bekoff has studied animal emotions for thirty years and apart from the behavioral and neurobiological studies , he says that common sense supports the obvious conclusion is that mammals, birds and fish experience rich and deep emotional lives, feeling passions from pure and contagious joy during play, to deep grief and pain.

“Scientific research shows that spindle cells, which were long thought to exist only in humans and other great apes, have been discovered in humpback whales, fin whales, killer whales and sperm whales in the same area of their brains as spindle cells in human brains. This brain region is linked with social organization, empathy and intuition about the feelings of others, as well as rapid gut reactions. Spindle cells are important in processing emotions. It’s likely that if we seek the presence of spindle cells in other animals we will find them. “

Neuroscientific research has also shown that elephants have a huge hippocampus, a brain structure in the limbic system that’s important in processing emotions. All mammals (including humans) share neuroanatomical structures (for example, the amygdala and hippocampus) and neurochemical pathways in the limbic system that are tied to feelings. Can you ignore the pain of an animal that cries like you ? Can you cut open a crying mouse, dog or chimpanzee in a laboratory and justify it in the name of some research which you know is meaningless ? Can you beat and eat and overuse a frightened helpless being just like you ? What hurts you , hurts all animals equally. If you understand this , you will activate that part of your brain that supplies compassion – and it is the same part that supplies intelligence. There is so much evidence that those scientists that refuse to believe that animals cry just like us , show how badly we have misinterpreted everything about this planet.

1

Source(s): Download 16000 Woodworking Plans : http://woodworkingplans.siopu.com/?iDC
  • ?

Cow Getting Slaughtered

NOT TRUE.

There are different types of tears and homo sapiens are the only ones who cry tears as an emotional response. ALL mammals shed basal tears - tears used for lubrication and to wash foreign objects from the eye, but emotional tears - which contain hormones unique to emotion-based tears - are shed only by humans.

This is a lovely story, but so is Cinderalla, and there's no such a thing as fairy godmothers.

Hi....wow. It's 11:15 pm where I live and I'm having the exact same problem...I dunno where I've been these past 23 years of my life but after seeing that same video yesterday I've been so depressed. And then if that wasn't enough "Fast Food Nation" was on tv and I happened to walk in while my husband was watching. Now I don't know what to do. I'm so used to eating meat and I hardly ever eat my veggies. I don't wanna be one of those zombies who just deny the facts and go about their lives. I wanna make a difference and change for the better. So I guess what I'm trying to say is you're not alone...I'm fighting the same internal battle here and all I can say is good luck and go with your gut...I am.

People are confusing "shedding tears," which is a physical response to stimuli in the eye like dust, etc, and "crying," which is an emotionally based shedding of tears that only humans do. I m not saying that cows don t feel agitated or upset if they associate a certain place or people with pain, but they won t "cry." If tears are falling down they are doing so for another reason. Don t try to make cows human. Let them be cows.

Yes

Wake up to what's happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju7-n7wygP0

So...what... the butchers...stopped killing animals? Did all the people who were present there...stop eating meat?

In what way...did the bull change their lives?? They might have not killed that particular bull...but the ones who didn't cry would have become stale...**** by now...

It is not only bull but most animals can sense smell of flesh. Their sens of flesh is far more superior than humans. Some animals may resign to fate.

Even a human wanting to commit suicide, if he fails or a cahnge of thout occurs. He may not commit suicide.

In Tsunami, none of the animals died, but only humans died.