Who Overreacted, my bf or me?

I had a huge fight with my boyfriend the other night. We've been together 3 months. I'm 27 and he's 33. We went to a sports bar, and he brought a beer with him in the car. I don't like him drinking in the car while I'm driving, but I don't say anything anymore, because he knows I don't like it and he's obviously going to do it anyway.

Then when we got home he got out of the car and I grabbed his bottle and held it out like "here take your bottle" and he basically dismissed me and waved his hand and said "i'll get it later" and walked up stairs. I had the keys to the apt, and didn't like being treate like that. I laid my seat down adn took a nap. He came down 5 mins later furious and asked what I was doing and why I didn't come unlock the apt. I held it out to him again and he said "are you serious? Over a @#$#$@# beer bottle??? Do you have any idea how childish that is? I was just waiting up there for 5 minutes waiting on you, and people were staring at me like I was crazy. That's it, I'm going home--you need to grow the @#$@# up." And he left and never got his bottle out of my car.

It's not like it was the first time it'd happened. He always brings that stuff in my car, and he NEVER takes it out. I don't wanna get pulled over some day and have open containers in my car, and it's not fair. I talk to him about it sincerely and he always dismisses me, I didn't know what else to do.

We had a similar argument, but not nearly as heated, a few days before that. We were at a concert looking for our seats, and he handed me his drink, when I was already carrying my own, and then started walking off. I called for him to come get his drink, that I wasn't going to juggle my purse and two drinks, and he did the same dismissing thing. I went over to a nearby table and sat down with the drinks until he came to me, and I handed his drink to him, and said "I told you, I"m not a drink caddy. I'm not carrying these across the stadium" and he argued that "I was going to get it when you caught up to me, I can't believe you're making a @#$# scene out of this."

He did . If he does that all the time and you always tell him he should learn. Men are so hard headed. Sometimes it stuff like that , that gives them a clue . I would do the same thing you did. You go girl. And dont tale any of his childish crap.

• Kia

Wow, are you sure he is 33 and not 23? gawd damn. I understand why you stayed in the car that night, and sat at a table that day at the stadium... you are obviously sick of talking to him about his behaviour because you're not being heard.

Everyone deserves a second chance... speak to him again and tell him that this is it, you can;t be treated this way because it is just not cool, Either stop that **** or I walk.

Yeah, he is childish. You've only been together 3 months, he should be still trying to impress you.

When i first read your post it thought "well, everyone has their weakness" but the additional details with the concert is shocking! You poor girl.

I annoy my bf and he laughs at me while he tells me off, which is a skill i adore about him, but i think your bf is too childish to understand.

Plus, if you're the one driving not drinking and he is that inconsiderate and not grateful for you driving him home, let him go.

It's been three months, let it go before it's been too long. Sorry you're going through this. :)

He honestly sounds like a first class jerk. It's childish to leave your garbage in someone else's car, isn't it? Yes, yes it is. You are not there to be his maid and if you've only been together for 3 months and this is happening, I'm questioning what your future looks like with this guy.

Good luck!

You've only been together for 3 months and already having conflict like this? I think he is no good for you because he obviously finds nothing wrong with what he's doing. It's rude of him to dismiss it so no, I don't think you overreacted

He sounds really immature!!

especially for a 33 year old. i would just move on if i were you, sounds like he has drinking problems and is disrespectful toward you

Too much familiarity breeds contempt. Too much immaturity leads to discord, disagreements, stupid fights and stupid break-ups. Who's to blame? Women you can't control these guys by hanging around them and being there for them too easy for them...Guys you can't be so rude to women and expect them to come running back to you whenever your mood dictates. Men need to stop treating the women like they're totally replaceable, discardable and you're a totally disrespectful jerk. On the other hand, women grow up and don't try to own or possess these men: They want their freedom, having their cake and eating it, too. The more women they can string the more they like it; so wise up, and don't find yourself to be so terribly convenient for them.

First.. Leave him. It's been 3 months sweetie. Not serious. He is a jerk.. U deserve better

• honestly, sounds like you two haven't been dating that long, and the disrespect is coming on hard. I'd break up with him. He over-reacted.