Who Overreacted, my bf or me?

I had a huge fight with my boyfriend the other night. We've been together 3 months. I'm 27 and he's 33. We went to a sports bar, and he brought a beer with him in the car. I don't like him drinking in the car while I'm driving, but I don't say anything anymore, because he knows I... show more I had a huge fight with my boyfriend the other night. We've been together 3 months. I'm 27 and he's 33. We went to a sports bar, and he brought a beer with him in the car. I don't like him drinking in the car while I'm driving, but I don't say anything anymore, because he knows I don't like it and he's obviously going to do it anyway.
Then when we got home he got out of the car and I grabbed his bottle and held it out like "here take your bottle" and he basically dismissed me and waved his hand and said "i'll get it later" and walked up stairs. I had the keys to the apt, and didn't like being treate like that. I laid my seat down adn took a nap. He came down 5 mins later furious and asked what I was doing and why I didn't come unlock the apt. I held it out to him again and he said "are you serious? Over a @#$#$@# beer bottle??? Do you have any idea how childish that is? I was just waiting up there for 5 minutes waiting on you, and people were staring at me like I was crazy. That's it, I'm going home--you need to grow the @#$@# up." And he left and never got his bottle out of my car.

It's not like it was the first time it'd happened. He always brings that stuff in my car, and he NEVER takes it out. I don't wanna get pulled over some day and have open containers in my car, and it's not fair. I talk to him about it sincerely and he always dismisses me, I didn't know what else to do.
Update: We had a similar argument, but not nearly as heated, a few days before that. We were at a concert looking for our seats, and he handed me his drink, when I was already carrying my own, and then started walking off. I called for him to come get his drink, that I wasn't going to juggle my purse and two drinks,... show more We had a similar argument, but not nearly as heated, a few days before that. We were at a concert looking for our seats, and he handed me his drink, when I was already carrying my own, and then started walking off. I called for him to come get his drink, that I wasn't going to juggle my purse and two drinks, and he did the same dismissing thing. I went over to a nearby table and sat down with the drinks until he came to me, and I handed his drink to him, and said "I told you, I"m not a drink caddy. I'm not carrying these across the stadium" and he argued that "I was going to get it when you caught up to me, I can't believe you're making a @#$# scene out of this."