How to stay in the UK after studying there?

I am currently studying in the UK for a undergraduate degree which is 3 years, I am a American born citizen and have no ties to England other than I study here, I must admit I have fallen deeply in love with this country and I would love to live here after my studies, what are my options I want to know what can be... show more I am currently studying in the UK for a undergraduate degree which is 3 years, I am a American born citizen and have no ties to England other than I study here, I must admit I have fallen deeply in love with this country and I would love to live here after my studies, what are my options I want to know what can be done to establish a permanent residency here or staying for a few years after studying, I have no loans as everything has been payed for I even own my own flat, what are my options ?
I am currently here on a student visa.
Update: ***do I have to get a job ? ***
I guess since the requirements are different here in the US I mean if you can support yourself and know the culture well you get a green card
Update 2: I read somewhere that you can apply for residency after living there for 3 years , will my studying time count since its three full years? Also what if I am able to secure a job right after I finish my studies am I able to stay ?
Update 3: Gosh, I can't believe I didn't include this, I am 21 and I am engaged to my boyfriend well finance now he is a British born citizen, I don't about the law, but are they finance visas or something?
6 answers