Why are people walking in the street or roads?

I've noticed lately a thing where either one or more young guys will walk in the street instead of the sidewalk. When cars come along, they don't get out of the way, they just keep strutting along.

On a busy two lane road, someone is always walking in the road making cars get in the other lane to go around. Normally, people step off the road when a car comes along. These guys act like they are the only one on the road.

I'm wondering if this is a new "statement" being made.

Because they want me to hit them.

I've seen a little of that happening on my street. Kids for some reason think it's cool, but I don't see why. Maybe when they get hit by a car they will understand, not saying I want them to be hit though.

On a side note, I do that sometimes on a particular area of my street cuz this one house has this dog that dashes to you and barks like crazy. Even though theres a fence, it always scares people passing by. I do step t the side though when cars are coming

Young people think they are invinceable and love attention. I would hope one of their parents will be driving by one day and tell them to get off the road. Maybe their parents are too busy or don't care. It's obvious the kids don't care or think they are tougher than a car.

They're zombies.

Or just really stupid and asking to get hit. People aren't that bright these days. They spend their waking hours texting and don't pay attention to the world around them.

I ride my bike a lot, and it's amazing how people do not move out of the way. They're shuffling along the sidwalk and I'm yelling, "On your left!" It's even worse when they're facing me and not moving. They just shuffle along, slack-jawed. "Whuut?" Then move almost at the last second.

Because they think they're megaman! Don't worry I walk on the streets also. But I also chase cars at the speed of a dragon and go on a guy's front lawn and mess it up.

Because they wanna get their dumbasses run over.