Can a 17 yr old use Johnson's baby shampoo?

As in is it good, like cleansing without damage and stuff...

I AM OBSERVING HAIRFALL SO WILL THIS THING HELP WITH THAT? AND MY HAIR IS TOO DRY SO ... WILL IT SMOOTHEN IT?

Favorite Answer

It's def save to use, it may not cleanse as well as a regular shampoo because it's made for babies so there's less chemicals but it will be okay for you to use it. It's not going to damage your hair. I would use my sons baby shampoo when I ran out of Mine but I felt as if it left my hair tangly like when u wash your hair without conditioner.

can use without no issues! baby shampoo are specially made for infants

Commonly used ingredientsAmmonium chloride

Ammonium lauryl sulfate ,Glycol,Sodium laureth sulfate is derived from coconut oils and is used to soften water and create a lather. There was some concern over this particular ingredient circa 1998 about this chemical being a carcinogen, but that has been disproved.

Sodium lauryl sulfate

Sodium Lauroamphoacetate is naturally derived from coconut oils and is used as a cleanser and counter-irritant. This is the ingredient that makes the product tear-free.

Polysorbate 20 (abbreviated as PEG(20)) is a mild glycol based surfactant that is used to solubilize fragrance oils and essential oils; meaning it causes liquid to spread across and penetrate the surface of a solid (i.e. your hair).

Polysorbate 80 (abbreviated as PEG(80)) is a glycol used to emulsify (or disperse) oils in water (so the oils don’t float on top like Italian salad dressing).

PEG-150 Distearate is a simple thickener.

Citric Acid is naturally derived from citrus fruits and is used as an antioxidant to preserve the oils in the product. While it is a severe eye-irritant, the Sodium Lauroamphoacetate counteracts that property. Citric acid is used to adjust the pH down to approximately 5.5. It is a fairly weak acid which makes the adjustment easier. Shampoos usually are at pH 5.5 because at slightly acidic pH the scales on a hair follicle lay flat making the hair feel smooth and look shiny. It also has a small amount of preservative action. Citric acid as opposed to any other acid will prevent bacterial growth.

Quaternium-15 is used as a bacterial/fungicidal preservative.

Polyquaternium-10 has nothing to do with the chemical Quaternium-15. This chemical acts as the conditioning ingredient, providing moisture and fullness to the hair.

Di-PPG-2 myreth-10 adipate is a water-dispersible emollient that forms clear solutions with surfactant systems

Methylisothiazolinone or MIT, a powerful biocide and preservative.

consult a good dermatologist, he will suggest what problem in your hair and suggest a shampoo by its compostion suits you

You can use it. My grandma uses it since she has short hair and she just wants to make it soft. Though it won't help with hair falling out and I am not sure if it moisturizes. If you go to walmart just buy some hydrating shampoo or conditioner that softens. Like Mane n' Tail or Sauve. Those are good brands, and they are not really expensive.

Yes it actually makes your hair softer. But it will look kinda weird to see baby shampoo in a teenagers shower.

I'm 24 and I used to use johnsons baby, there's nothing wrong with that but bare in mind that it does make your hair smell nice however makes your hair quite rough and tangly.

Source(s): Past

I've been reading that a lot of people do. It makes your hair soft and smelling good. If you color treat or perm your hair, then don't do it. It doesn't have ingredients in to protect color treated or permed hair, and it can actually strip your hair color.

I wanted to try using it, but I color my hair.

I'm 19 and I proudly use it!! why not:D remember no tears lol

of course you can use it. i used my babysisters for a long time. it doesn't hurt your eyes

Yes it is very very usefull ...... it may not clean tht well . but ok

u can use it. but its vry mild shampoo!