Why do Americans feel so touchy?

3,000 people died in 9/11.

800,000 people died in the Japan nukings.

We did a lot more to them and the rest of the world. The U.S is like that one kid who will punch someone and bully them really hard, but will cry when you shove them back. Am I right? Opinions?

6 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favourite answer

most of them support unnecessary wars. How is that touchy?

EDIT: Its funny b/c I'm an american. People congratulate our soldiers for creating sadness. Ruining Mesopotamia...

• Mark
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

800,000 died in the nukings of Japan, eh? Well less than 300,000 were killed or injured, still a very high number, but certainly not your number. At the same time, I think the media make too much of 9/11. You asked for my opinion, and you got it. Sorry if what you were looking for is people to agree with you 100%.

• 8 years ago

Hi. American here. Forget the others. A lot of us actually don't support the war. You wanna know why the government was so freaked out? The terrorists hit the pentagon and twin towers. Those were national symbols of power. The government thinks we're the number 1 nation. For someone to come and destroy our symbols of power, that doesn't boost confidence, now does it? And actually watching videos of the hits- they're sickening. They don't show us videos of a bomb being dropped on Hiroshima.

• Allen
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

F*ck 9/11 i used to feel sorry for the people that died but know i happy theyre dead. every year we have to seat through a retarded moment of silence and watch Bush read a childrens stroybook

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

take it down a notch japan attacked us first don't turn the tables around and try to may it like the japanese did not do any thing i think you need to check your history books once again

• 8 years ago

they are not touchy....they are arrogant and thick skinned

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.