Why does my laptop's wifi randomly disconnect?

My laptop, a Samsung Series 5 NP520U4C, wifi connection randomly disconnects. I try to connect to a network but it suddenly says "No Connections are available". I check my ipod touch's wifi connection and it's perfectly connected, so I think it's my laptop's wifi that's not working. The only way for me to get the connection back up is if I restart my computer, but I don't want to keep on doing that all the time. What should I do to fix my wifi adapter? By the way my wifi adapter is called Intel Centrino N 6235, if that helps any.

It seems more like a software problem, you will probs need to visit your Laptop Manufacturers website and need to reinstall the software/driver for the wifi. If that doesnt fix then perhaps the wifi adaptor/hardware is malfuntioning in that case you can buy a alternative cheap wifi adapter, they are usually very small and just need to be plugged into one of the computers usb ports. ok :)

• doug v

I think I've found your answer. It's at least a good guess and worth a try to fix things (I don't blame you for not wanting to keep restarting). It may be a power-management issue. Following is from Intel's wifi support page (under Known Issues):

"Symptom

Laptop randomly loses its wireless network connection while the connection management utility reports “no wireless networks found.” This issue can also be seen in the Microsoft Windows* System Event log in the form of numerous 500x Events with the wireless driver as the source." (sounds like it, no?)

"Cause

An adapter internal error related to power management has occurred. This problem only occurs when some level of adapter power savings mode is enabled. The adapter is in power savings mode if its power management setting is set to anything other than “Highest."

See this page for the rest of the explanation and how to fix it (including screen shots):

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/pro3945...

Looks like you've got a really great wifi adapter there (and with Bluetooth, too - did you know that?).

(IF this is it, it's neither drivers or hardware - as is the case at least half the time with computer issues, it's simply a setting somewhere...)

Source(s): 20 years PC experience

it could be either hardware (your pc) or software like your drivers or even the modem or router that you are using check them both try to connect to another wi fi if it dosent disconnect its your modem or router I recommend calling your isp

because fat people keep walking in front of it stopping the sensor