What do I do if I accidentally dropped my laptop and now the screen is cracked?

My laptop is a Samsung NP520U4C. I only bought it just over a month ago. I'm using my laptop right now, in fact, but I'm using an external monitor which means it's just the screen that's broken, so I need to get it replaced. I bought it at Best Buy. What do I do now?

If you did not purchase accidental damage warranty from the manufacturer or Best Buy nothing you can do but replace the broken screen or have it replaced since standard factory warranty does not cover accidental damages.

Replace screen or buy new laptop. What else can you do??

Maybe kick yourself in the but for being clumsy...

I would not let the so-called geeks at Best Buy walk my dog or water my flowers, let alone come within 100 feet of my computer or laptop.

Find a reliable local PC repair shop and look to spend over $250 ($100 or so for the screen itself and the rest in labor).

Most likely they will have to order the screen, as nobody keeps that in stock, so you're in for a long wait...

*****************

EDIT:

@Leroy:

Warranty only covers manufacturing defects, not abuse and neglect, so good luck with that replacement......

I think you can buy a replacement screen. They aren't nearly as expensive as buying a new laptop.

You should still have a warranty. go back to best buy and have them replace it. if you dont have a warranty then you'll have to pay for the replacement. but i just recomend going to best buy and ask them what to do

Maybe replace the screen. But it could be expensive.

well do you know if you have any accident insurance ? because if so it's no problem they will fix it.

if not i don't recomend it but you can add accident insurance then in a few weeks get them to fix it.

did you accidentally it all?

(if its less than 30 days, usually free replacement, otherwise slap yourself for not getting customised laptop and wasting money on premade laptops)

buy a new one