Half Drawn Boy asked in SportsCricket · 7 years ago

Has your opinion of other cricketing nations (and fans) changed since you came in this section?

Most of the regulars are pretty decent. There's a few d!ckheads doing the rounds, but no one country seems to run a monopoly on them. So to answer the question, no, it hasn't changed my opinion much.

I've lived and worked in six different countries over the last fifteen years or so, so I prefer to base my opinions on the different people I've met personally, rather than an anonymous on-line forum.

A resounding reply in the affirmative!

To be frank, I was very much prejudiced before about English, Aussie and Pak teams and fans! Well, as of now, disrespect for SOME OF THEM (Ben Dover and Al Bino retain their quota of disgrace! Lmao!) is nowhere to be found in my lexicon of emotions!

I have got an amazing overview of other cricketing nations, their fans and their expectations! This section has given me a chance to see the other cricket teams through their fans' eyes! (Its not everyday you end up meeting a foreign fan!)

Though there are some trolls here who we run into time and again, we know whose opinion really matters and complementing their efforts with those of our own, has truly been an invigorating experience! Though it hasn't even been 2 months here, radical changes in insight towards non-Indians are almost tangible to me! It has become like a group of friends or companions or whatever you want to label! (At least for me) Cricket has been the catalyst, sort of! :p

Thus, I would only like to say that it has been a great experience here, understanding others from varied countries and the outlook of the prevailing cricket sense here!

Cheers! :)

• Truth be told, yes I have a pretty positive impression about the Aussies now(regarding their opinions on Sri Lankan content), which had been completely negative before coming here. That was the biggest concern and change of mind since coming here. For other nations (mainly India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and England) I had nothing much changed after coming here. It has been positive anyway.

yes there were times those impressions went up and down. More like in real life.

It certainly has regarding some to a certain extent, but I am sensible enough to realise that what happens on here is not always a true indication of what people are like.

You say/ask right things at the right time. lol

Yes, It has changed my opinion for one Cricketing nation at a certain level.

Hardly 20 people participate here. Not enough to change perceptions and stereotypes.

The ones that are really sad are the ones that turn up when their team is winning. Then are close to invisible when their team is struggling. You know what I am saying don't you?

I didn't hate Bangladesh cricket as much as I do after joining the forum

• Julian

My unexplainable hate on India might have somewhat lifted after seeing few Indian users.

Yes, I still see the same usual suspects disappear when their team loses, or start trolling with their other accounts.

Then they pop up like worms when their team has a single win.