Health Benefits of Paneer?
1. Paneer is a great source of calcium, which is helpful in maintaining strong teeth and bones. Due to its low lactose content, it protects the teeth against harmful sugars.
2. Paneer. contains Vitamin D, which along with calcium, facilitates in preventing cavities and wearing down of the tooth enamel. Hence, regular consumption of cottage cheese is helpful in preserving good dental health.
3. Intake of Paneer prevents osteoporosis that is caused due to the deficiency of calcium. Osteoporosis is common in women undergoing menopause, elderly people and children suffering from malnutrition. Cottage cheese is a rich source of protein, calcium, and vitamins which are necessary for proper bone health.
4. Paneer promotes strong bones and also helps to prevent and reduce back and joint problems.
5. Paneer is the storehouse of calcium and makes your bones stronger and helps men and women as they age against brittle bones.
6. It is a rich source of protein, vitamins and calcium etc. It is very good for growing children. Vitamins B complex, present in Paneer are essential for the formation and strengthening of cartilage, productions of tissues in the body.
in children, women (pregnant and lactating) and men. These dairy products also facilitate proper absorption and distribution of calcium in the body and provide protection against diseases such as beriberi.
7. During the cough and cold, milk and milk items are avoided. But fresh Paneer can be given to children. Some children are allergic to milk; Paneer can be given in their diet.
Paneer made out of skimmed milk taken in moderation in their daily diet could help reduce weight.
8. For people who are underweight, cottage cheese made out of whole cream milk helps you put on those extra pounds. It contains generous amount of proteins, fats, calcium, vitamins, and minerals, which help in boosting weight.
9. Paneer reduces the development of insulin resistance syndrome. Hence it is beneficial in insulin based diabetes. But diabetic patients should use it after consulting doctor.
10. Including Paneer in one’s daily diet helps to give protein required by the body for growth and renewal.
11. Paneer provides the protection against cancer. The presence of conjugated linoleic acid and sphingolipids in Paneer makes it effective in preventing cancer.
12. Paneer is also known to enhance blood.
13. Paneer is very good for stomach & helps to prevent stomach disorders in people as they grow older.
14. Paneer is very useful for digestive systems by activating the hydrolysis of the protein.
15. The whey (remaining liquid part while making Paneer) is also very useful, it acts as cleansing agent. It pulls water from the body. Whey helps in function of urinary systems properly.
So, start including this wonderful little food item in your dishes and ask for Paneer instead of Cheese!. Is there any more health benefits of Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese?