Should I updrade gpu or cpu ?

hello friends i have intel core i3 3220 3.33ghz and amd radeon hd7850 2gb sapphire edition.

which thing i should upgrade to get a better fps in games like nfs mw2, crysis 3 , assasins creed 3.

i should upgrade amd 7850 to 7970 or

intel core i3 to i5

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

GPU

Games a GPU centric. Most games to this day only still require the core duo 2. The i3 is great if you only want to game but if you do other things like edit music/video/pictures then you would need a powerful processor.

Source(s): went with the wrong decision of powerful CPU over GPU and regret it.
  • 8 years ago

90% of what games do is on the graphics card, some of the newer ones even do the processing of AI (artificial intelligence) in enemies on the GPU. As previously stated, most games require only a core 2 duo these days.

That aside frame rate is GPU based and only GPU based. Consider the following, what part of your computer is responsible for placing stuff on the screen? Of course your graphics card. You want to upgrade things related to whats on your screen, its obvious what you upgrade.

• 8 years ago

It is definitely the CPU but to upgrade the CPU you will need a new motherboard. The AMD 7950 is AMD's #2 in performance, it should do fine in games, but the CPU will be bottlenecking any GPU you buy and add to your system, I would recommend an Intel i5 3570k, I will go search for a good motherboard and link them in the sources.

Source(s): (MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS)~ Great reviews and the best in the price range http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8... (INTEL i5 3570k, Intel's best 3rd gen i5 processor) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...
  • 8 years ago

Those games use a lot of CPU power so get an i7.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Both will be helpful.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.