should we put oil in food?

should we put too much oil in food to make it tasty or delicious n put too much spices to make it good

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favourite answer

We should use as little oil as possible and the only oil we should put on foods are the best Extra Vigin Olive Oil for salads and that type of foods. At the price of it that oil should be treated like loquid gold.

Dune

• Rokur
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Oil was originally not made to help food taste good. Oil is used as a means of help with cooking. Similar to how water was used to control temps so we can boil, steam, or other water cooking methods. Oil is used as a tool to control temperature. Also, oil is helpful when cooking with metals as it helps food not to stick to the pan/pot/grill/etc.

Too much oil and you actually will make food taste bad. The best example is probably the art of frying. Most people would think we like fried foods because of ooo the oil, the oil must be what makes the food taste yummy! Which is only 1/2 correct. It is actually because oil can hold a VERY high heat, that we can fry foods at a high heat and get them cooked in super fast speeds. A true "Flash-fry" is fried in a very short time. often less than a minute. Over-fried foods actually will get soggy as too much oil seeps in and you get a greasy texture. This is the big difference between crispy fried foods and not crispy fried foods. Crispy fried = perfect amount of oil and time, Not crispy usually = TOO MUCH OIL,

Hope this helps explain the balance between oil and food.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Well you don't want to put too much of anything, but you want to add things to make your food taste better. A lot of restruants( particularly fast food) use unhealthy oils to cook their food in. At home when cookkng you should go the healthy route and use olive oil instead of vegetable oil! There's no taste difference and it's much better for you! And with spices, you can't really go wrong as long as you don't over do it!

Source(s): Cook
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

No i keep diet so to avoid oil food is safe for oru health and also reduce fact in our body so i plan to avoid oil foods i like dosa very much but how to avoid oil in dosa i search in Google after i searching one online shopping No NO Oil Dosa Tawa in http://www.tbuy.in/no-no-oil-dosa-tawa.h... its very low cost onlione price compare to buy shopping also its not required any oil to cooking easily,Fast and Save Energy. Ergonomic Bakelite handles very safe to cook easily thank you Telebuy i suggest all my friends to buy cheaper rate in online shopping in www.tbuy.in

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

It is an excellent extra virgin olive Peranzana, see website:

http://www.agricolapiano.com/en/content/kitchen

• 8 years ago

Any thing beyond the limit is poison

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.