Is windows8 better than windows7?

Ive heard it sucks from many people.. whats bad now?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Cronin
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Windows 8 is great. It's faster than windows 7, more secure, recovers from problems easier, etc. Some people just dislike the interface but once you get used to it, it's much faster and more productive than in Windows 7.

People have no reason to hate it other than they simply don't like the way it looks or their machine isn't compatible,

edit: Just watch all the opinions with nothing to back it up. There were err are people like that still using XP too.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Except start menu all features of windows 8 are superb. U will need to have latest update in your windows 8 as many bugs are fixed in last few updates and it is usable and stable. It also giving better perfomance than windows 7. There are less virus issue in windows 8. Only the metro ui is little bit different but we will get habbit of that. One more thing istall a fresh genuine version of windows 8 for best perfomance. Dont upgrade from net or dont install from a duplicate dvd.

• 7 years ago

Windows 8 is not bad if you have a touch screen laptop that you want to use like a tablet.

I think Windows 7 is a pretty good operating system, whereas Windows 8 seems a bit incomplete.

however, even if you have windows 8 on a non-touch screen device, you can use it pretty much like you would on windows 7 with a little modification.

modifications including "classic shell" and etc.. i think they fill that incomplete-feeling gap.

• 7 years ago

win 8 is really good for tablets , but if u already have a tablet ( with/witohut win 8) and also get win 8 on pc -- it will become a freaky!!! tablet ...pros -- win 8 is much faster and metro screen is something new if u do not use tablets ,

verdict-- win 8 is quite awesome ... definately better than 7

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • windows 8 just has tons of tabs in little colorful squares; windows 7 doesn't have those and you won't accidentally confuse a square for a different square in windows 8.

• 7 years ago

Windows 8 is good only for touch machines.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Windows 7 is better.

• 7 years ago

i tried it and went back to windows 7. i found it to be a lot less user friendly and i don't like the look of the tiles.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.