WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE TO END A PAINFUL UNCURABLE SICKNESS IF YOU HAVE?

I just read the Yahoo news on "Susan Griffiths’ appointment with death: Ailing Winnipeg woman commits assisted suicide in Switzerland" ....

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/susan-gri...

I shall do the same in future. What is your opinion and your choice ?

異地強秦後人 - There is no one right answer for all. Each person should be allowed to decide, if possible, based on their individual circumstances. I am an elderly person who has considered this matter. IF I had a painful, incurable disease, my first desire would be to take whatever pain relief medicine is legal and available to remove the pain. Then I would accept my limited remaining time to continue to tell my loved ones how much I love them, and wait for the end - possibly. The only exception is that if my end-of-life care is so expensive that it would take away all that I have saved for my needy family in order to pay medical bills, then I would prefer to die sooner, comfortably, with assistance, if needed.

Source(s): a physician

I understand this is a choice some people make, but if it was me, I would live out my life with the pain, avoid intrusive treatments or processes and go out quietly and naturally.