asa
asa asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

Im overwieght but I want to go trekking..HELP?

oK I love going hiking and trekking in the forest and hills..but Im overweight(5.6 height, 180 pounds)...I can walk for about 5 kms and then I get out of breath.....if its a steep climb,it happens even earlier...yet I have gone hiking a lot, a lot more than many average people...to some really difficult places...but it always takes a lot out of me physically....What can I do ? A hike is coming up in couple of days, and Its going to be the toughest yet...Any idea or tips to not go out of breath ? I want to make the climb and not be left behind...?

It's probably not what you want to hear but its all about practice. The more you do the better you'll be.

If you have breathing difficulties it may be a good idea to see your GP to rule out any underlying problems (eg. asthma) but if your problem simply comes from getting "puffed out" then doing it consistently is key to improving.

Good luck