asa
Lv 5
asa asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationClimbing · 8 years ago

Im overwieght but I want to go trekking..HELP?

oK I love going hiking and trekking in the forest and hills..but Im overweight(5.6 height, 180 pounds)...I can walk for about 5 kms and then I get out of breath.....if its a steep climb,it happens even earlier...yet I have gone hiking a lot, a lot more than many average people...to some really difficult places...but it always takes a lot out of me physically....What can I do ? A hike is coming up in couple of days, and Its going to be the toughest yet...Any idea or tips to not go out of breath ? I want to make the climb and not be left behind...?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favourite answer

You need to exercise more. You will get tired and be out if breath because of your weight. Go on the trekk. I would drink more water the day before. Fuel up

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You should think about getting some advice from your doctor before doing too much exercise if you are overweight. Hiking is a great way of getting fit but if your body is saying it has had enough then listen to it.

• 8 years ago

Eat healthly and start to run everyday till the hiking day. Start now or its too late. Action. No talks.

• 8 years ago

Just make sure your group doesn't get lost and run out of food. Remember what happened to the Donner Party. Things can get weird in a hurry. Them fools be trying to slice some bacon off your back.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Work your way up to steeper and harder hikes, cut out the junk food, processed food, and sugar.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.