asa
asa asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationClimbing · 8 years ago

Im overwieght but I want to go trekking..HELP?

oK I love going hiking and trekking in the forest and hills..but Im overweight(5.6 height, 180 pounds)...I can walk for about 5 kms and then I get out of breath.....if its a steep climb,it happens even earlier...yet I have gone hiking a lot, a lot more than many average people...to some really difficult places...but it always takes a lot out of me physically....What can I do ? A hike is coming up in couple of days, and Its going to be the toughest yet...Any idea or tips to not go out of breath ? I want to make the climb and not be left behind...?

You need to exercise more. You will get tired and be out if breath because of your weight. Go on the trekk. I would drink more water the day before. Fuel up

You should think about getting some advice from your doctor before doing too much exercise if you are overweight. Hiking is a great way of getting fit but if your body is saying it has had enough then listen to it.

Eat healthly and start to run everyday till the hiking day. Start now or its too late. Action. No talks.

Just make sure your group doesn't get lost and run out of food. Remember what happened to the Donner Party. Things can get weird in a hurry. Them fools be trying to slice some bacon off your back.

Work your way up to steeper and harder hikes, cut out the junk food, processed food, and sugar.