Android or Windows 8 tablet?

Hi there, I'm currently looking for a tablet. I've never owned one before so I have no experience whatsoever with the gadget. I'm confused as to whether I should choose Android or Windows 8 as my tablet's OS. One thing for sure, I won't be getting iOS because I have a Lenovo laptop and I want... show more Hi there, I'm currently looking for a tablet. I've never owned one before so I have no experience whatsoever with the gadget. I'm confused as to whether I should choose Android or Windows 8 as my tablet's OS.

One thing for sure, I won't be getting iOS because I have a Lenovo laptop and I want to be able to connect my tablet to my laptop.

I would only use my tablet primarily for reading pdf's and watching videos (such as youtube or flv/mp4 files) and also for wi-fi. I'm not going to use it for gaming or video/photo editing and other stuff like that.

So here are some features that I'm looking for in my tablet for consideration:
- Large screen size (reading & watching videos are more comfortable on large screens)
- Long or at least a decent battery life (I spend most of my time on the road so I won't have plenty of time to charge every now and then)
- A nice screen display (again, for reading & watching video purposes)

That's it. Like I said, I won't be using it to play games or other high-tech utility stuff; only the basic stuff such as reading, watching videos, and wi-fi.

Thank you in advance.
Update: Could you also recommend me the name/brand of the tablets? There are so many Android/Windows 8 tablets out there. Each has its own specs and features. I don't know much about tablets so I'm clueless as to choose the right one for me.
Update 2: Wow thank you Jdeats. That's some insightful info you've provided me right there. :) Anyway, yeah a lot of people told me to go with Android tablets instead since Windows 8 tends to have a lot of problems that ought to be fixed by Microsoft, I was initially thinking something like the Samsung Galaxy... show more Wow thank you Jdeats. That's some insightful info you've provided me right there. :) Anyway, yeah a lot of people told me to go with Android tablets instead since Windows 8 tends to have a lot of problems that ought to be fixed by Microsoft,

I was initially thinking something like the Samsung Galaxy Tab/Note 10.1, Google Nexus 10, or Asus Transformer Pad Infinity, but I have my doubts though because I heard/read that :
- Galaxy Tab/Note : screen quality is rather poor
- Nexus 10 : battery life is disappointing (plus the charger charges very slowly it's annoying)
- Asus Transformer : sooo.... pricey (plus I also heard that it still runs on the old Ice Cream Sandwich OS as opposed to the current Jellybean - don't know if it would make much of a difference though)

So I don't know....

I've heard before about Microsoft Surface Pro and Amazon Kindle Fire but I haven't really checked on them both. But I do know that cnet.com named Microsoft Surface the best Wind
Update 3: Oh my previous post got cut...! Anyway, here's the rest of the post : I've heard before about Microsoft Surface Pro and Amazon Kindle Fire but I haven't really checked on them both. But I do know that cnet.com named Microsoft Surface the best Windows 8 tablet around and Kindle Fire HD the best media... show more Oh my previous post got cut...! Anyway, here's the rest of the post :

I've heard before about Microsoft Surface Pro and Amazon Kindle Fire but I haven't really checked on them both. But I do know that cnet.com named Microsoft Surface the best Windows 8 tablet around and Kindle Fire HD the best media consumption tablet.

I don't know, though. I still have my doubts. What do you think?