Would you Classify 2Pac as a Conscious Rapper or a Gangster Rapper?

I am a Huge 2Pac fan and I have Noticed Most Mainstream Music Critics seem to categorize Pac as a Gangster rapper which i believe is incorrect. Most other true Pac fans I have talked to agree that he was a Conscious Rapper who incorporated elements of Gangster Rap in his music most likely so that he could reach a wider audience in the Gangster rap dominated West-Coast Rap scene.Most people also agree that he only made one album which could be classified as Gangster rap which was All Eyez On Me however some people I have talked to think that All Eyez On Me would be better classified as G Funk .

Conscious rapper, from 2pacalypse Now to The Don Killuminati album he was a conscious rapper, even though he did mostly gangster rap on All Eyez On Me he still have some of his older song types like Life Goes On, Holla At Me, Thug Passion, Run Tha Streets, Ain't Hard 2 Find, Heaven Ain't Hard 2 Find, Tradin' War Stores. And if you look at his last album (The 7 Day Theory) it's his most lyrical album, I defiantly would say he was a conscious rapper his whole career.

I Agree he was a Conscious Rapper who occasionally incorporated Gangster Rap and Really only made one truly Gangster Rap album.

Conscience Rapper

G Funk, Gangster Rap. It was all the same period so he will get lumped in with one hole. It doesn't really matter. I don't like him because he was Gangster Rap or G Funk. I appreciate his ability to put what was happening in to words and deliver it in a way we could all relate too. You could tell he had a passion for the game and i think he might have achieved great things if he didn't die. Imagine he had his own label for example. Bringing new people up.

As far as I know

The fact is that some rappers can be classifies as either conscious rapper

or maybe a gangsta rapper....TRUE

But the other fact is that some rappers contains both gangsta & conscious

at the same time...and tupac is one of them which makes him a total package

So i'll say both!

• Ken

Lousy Rapper

gangster with a conscience

• AGM

a mix of both