Is the bloody mary thing true?

Well I was reading an article on the internet and it said since you have read it Bloody Mary is going to kill you at 12,unless you email it to 15 people.I probably thought of it as a joke for a moment but then I gave a bit of a thought to it.So do u think its a joke???

Favorite Answer

No the Bloody Mary thing is not true. And guess what - what you found isn't even the Bloody Mary thing! It's just a chain-mail attempt.

The Bloody Mary thing is a rite of passage for preteen girls. What you do is stand in front of a bathroom mirror (candle is optional) and chant her name a few times, and old Mary is supposed to show up. The story varies a lot. Sometimes you say her name three times and sometimes it's 13, and who Mary is and what she does when summoned can be just about anything. Some legends have her just showing up in the mirror and being scary, others say she'll attack and maybe kill you, and everything in between. But there's always a mirror and some chanting involved.

It looks like Mary has finally joined the online revolution, because now she wants to kill you if you don't send 15 emails. That's actually a small number to demand in exchange for your life, when you think about it, but hey... it's a recession and even mirror-witches are feeling the strain.

Anyway, both the mirror-witch and her chain letters are pure fiction. Would you like to know the real bloody mary thing? Little girls don't know the real version, so they made up the chanting stuff, but the real version is very real and it truly works.

What you do is mix up three pitchers of bloody mary, guzzle them all, then wait ten minutes and go into the bathroom. Guaranteed, you'll see all sorts of shocking stuff happen.

No, otherwise people would be dropping dead by the hour. It's kinda pathetic to murder someone because they didn't forward your mail. A bit egotistical me thinks.

Bloody Mary was Mary I's nickname by the way, who was Queen a loong time ago.

So in short, I'm quite sure you're safe.

A bloody Mary is a drink. In Southern Florida years ago it was a mixture of beer and Tomato juice, but in the west its Vodka and Tomato Juice of which tastes better. Nothing else. Mike

Source(s): Factual tastes.

The legend is if you stare into a mirror and recite "Bloody Mary" for a long time you will see something strange happen. That is true. Lots of illusions are based on the eye's tendency to see things that are not there. Like this: http://images.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&sou...

Anything suggesting you email something to a lot of people is baloney.

oh yes, better get emailing if you dont want to end up dead...

ps. Anyone tried the out the calling out bloody mary infront of a mirror thing? I dont belief in ghost but that is one think i cannot bring my self to tempt.

IT is called a chain letter, or in this case e-mail. and not it is not true. Little superstitious are we

Source(s): Guess and check out name - also best of all is LOGIC

It depends on where you live

Mary was killed in the USA so if you don't live there then you are safe

Oh yes, it's very true. I died three times because of it.

yes. it's not real

its not a joke.