Why are do notes differ in the treble cleft portion and bass cleft one?

Ok, obviously I know nothing so I do not know what words to use. anyway, why is it that in playing piano for example, the upper lines (the treble part) for the right hand, the notes go E, F, G, A, B, C, D, E, F and the lower lines (bass cleft part) for the left hand the notes go G, A, B, C, D, E, F, G,... show more Ok, obviously I know nothing so I do not know what words to use.

anyway, why is it that in playing piano for example, the upper lines (the treble part) for the right hand, the notes go E, F, G, A, B, C, D, E, F and the lower lines (bass cleft part) for the left hand the notes go G, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, A?

Would it not be more simple for both of them to be the same?
Update: Also, how many lines fits between the treble and bass, and why can they not be just one continuous array of lines?

the notes always go over the 5 lines and then they are there and you don not know where the hell they are, at least I do not.