Why are do notes differ in the treble cleft portion and bass cleft one?

Ok, obviously I know nothing so I do not know what words to use.

anyway, why is it that in playing piano for example, the upper lines (the treble part) for the right hand, the notes go E, F, G, A, B, C, D, E, F and the lower lines (bass cleft part) for the left hand the notes go G, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, A?

Would it not be more simple for both of them to be the same?

Also, how many lines fits between the treble and bass, and why can they not be just one continuous array of lines?

the notes always go over the 5 lines and then they are there and you don not know where the hell they are, at least I do not.

It's because the clefts join at middle c. If both clefts started on the same note, there would be an impractically large about of space between them or they'd be to close and cover too many of the same notes. The way clefts are allow them to cover the most practical amount of territory with minimal ledger lines.

• dossou

ok, Bass clef notes are 2 areas under treble. for the reason which you play cello, i will presume which you examine bass clef. C on bass clef is in the area under the midsection line. it somewhat is an A in treble. somewhat, you deliver the notes up 2 if your going from bass to treble, or, Down 2 areas from treble to bass. Sorry that i wrote that for the period of a manner it somewhat is annoying to understand.... look in my source for a image link, that could desire to assist. Oh, and massive decision for a track

I think Clayton is correct.

One continuous array of lines would be harder to read.