What is the meaning of the saying?

Eat your breakfast, share your lunch with a friend and give your dinner to your enemy

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Its a Russian proverb which tells the importance of having breakfast . one should not skip breakfast for any reason , you can skip even lunch and dinner but not morning breakfast , its the first food which going to give you enough fuel of energy to run that day .. . .

You should eat well in the breakfast since it's the beginning of the day, lunch little less than that but you must eat very little in the evening as it's healthy not to eat too much in the evenings. Logically, if you eat alone, that means you eat more because you don't have to share, if you eat with a friend, that means you'll share with him or her so you'll eat less in the lunch. And for the dinner, you'll give your meal to your enemy meaning you should eat very little.

• Dan
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

It means that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, lunch is needed but not as important as breakfast, and dinner is the least important.

It basically encourages people to eat breakfast.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Eat your breakfast alone, like in more quantity; share ur lunch, lesser quantity; and give ur dinner away, dat means eat the least at night.. this is the healthiest way of diet.. eat a heavy breakfast, medium lunch, and least for dinner :)

Source(s): Myself
  • 7 years ago

When you wake up you eat breakfast alone.

By midday you start to see your buddies.

Then everyone has a big showdown at night with their arch nemesis.

Also if you secretly poisoned your food that's the only one you're not gonna eat, might as well poison the enemy.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • YARA
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

it means, breakfast= eat a lot

lunch = make it half

dinner = better dont eat

• 5 years ago

One can truely understad the meaning of this saying ONLY after they spend at least a day in Russian Gulag

btw Gulag is the prison system in Siberia

• alena5 years agoReport

You sound very German, Hermine..... Gulags were surely awful places, but In German concentration camps and ghetoes, people were starved to death !...if you know, what I mean.. so, you had better not comment like this on the nation that yours treated SO HORRIBLY! Death toll over 20 million.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Eat breakfast heavy, lunch normal, and dinear light. Because it is a healthy diet

• 7 years ago

Same as proverb in hindhi, have breakfast like king, lunch like farmer and dinner like a monk.

• 7 years ago

I think it means to be kind to others, share, and still have a little left over for yourself.

• Ne enna saapidradhulayae iruka?

As for ur question, I have nt heard this

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.