Who keeps reporting questions in R&S?

Whenever I attempt to craft a detailed answer to an atheist's question on the age of the universe or evolution, I find that after wasting 5 minutes typing, the question has been deleted. Not only is this annoying, but it means that important questions on Christian belief go unanswered. Please stop doing it. ... show more Whenever I attempt to craft a detailed answer to an atheist's question on the age of the universe or evolution, I find that after wasting 5 minutes typing, the question has been deleted. Not only is this annoying, but it means that important questions on Christian belief go unanswered. Please stop doing it. And anyone who gets a violation notice, please appeal. The only way we can stop these idiots is by getting Y!A to block their IP addresses.
Update: Current scientific thinking is that the age of the Earth is around 4.5 billion years. Someone will probably come up with new research before long and come up with a different number. James Ussher, a 17th century Church of Ireland Archbishop used the genealogies in the Bible and Chapter 1 of Genesis to calculate... show more Current scientific thinking is that the age of the Earth is around 4.5 billion years. Someone will probably come up with new research before long and come up with a different number.

James Ussher, a 17th century Church of Ireland Archbishop used the genealogies in the Bible and Chapter 1 of Genesis to calculate that the Earth was created one week in 4004BC. That was accepted fact until the late 19th century.

There is no record of Jesus preaching on the age of the Earth. Around 95% of his worldwide followers are quite happy to go along with current scientific thinking until someone comes up with a new idea. The people who cling to Ussher's calculations tend to be members of American Calvinist sects - which is odd because they reject most of the things Archbishops have to say.

Unfortunately, I have no influence over those whose life is governed by selective quoting from the Bible. Because I am a member of the world's largest Christian group, they hate me more than they do