asa
asa asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 8 years ago

Help? Could it be sign of breast cancer?

hi.

My mom complains of pain in her breast ( she says it feels like there's a bruise inside or its wounded inside). Not daily but suddenly one day she complains then its not there for a month . She gets cancer check up each year and the next one is due in a few months. Her sister had died of breast cancer. Just want to know could this be a sign? Only if you are sure please Cus I dont want to be paranoid. What else could it indicate? Would once a year check up be enough or will it be too late in some cases? How is progression and treatment of breast cancer and how early (in terms of years/months etc) would it have to be found in order for treatment to be effective?

Thanks

If it comes and goes monthly, it's likely just cyclical changes and not a problem.

Don't worry, I'm sure she's fine. When mine was discovered it was so big, it had been growing 2-3 years, was a stage 3, and I'm fine now. It's not likely cancer, but if she ever does develop it, it's very treatable. Sorry to hear your aunt didn't make it; that's very rare.

She is a grown woman, if she is concerned she should know to go to a doctor.

Pain is not a symptom of breast cancer, but it does occur sometimes.

It could be an in infection.

Some cancer are found in late stages even with annual exams.

"Early" is determined by stage not how long you have had the disease.

Source(s): I am a cancer registrar.