What book to read? Please suggest a few good books.?

I am a bit down in life and need a book that gives me hope and warmth but which is also a very good read. I don't want it to be candy coated. My taste in books is decent, i read classics as much as I read best-sellers. I need a book that would take me on a journey and leave me with a new perspective. A novel would be preferable, but I will go for anything that falls under the conditions I have put forth.

I love all the suggestions you have put forth but "Hunger games", "Game Of Thrones" and "Harry Potter" are not in my alley. I have read them all and those are very entertaining books. I want books that will be both as engaging and will allow me to think.

I'll just mention a few of my favourites

- Nineteen Minutes- Jodi Picoult (my personal favourite)

- The Pact- Jodi Picoult

-My Sisters keeper- Jodi Picoult

(okay so they're sad, but I love them!)

- little women

-To Kill a mocking bird is good too

- Five people you meet in heaven

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas battle membership American Psycho Animal Farm Nineteen Eighty four Hitchhiker's advisor To The Galaxy One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest coronary heart Of Darkness iteration X - testimonies For An Accelerated culture JPod fear & Loathing On the campaign path 'seventy two Fever Pitch trap-22 White Noise i am Legend A Clockwork Orange The Rum Diary the brand new York Trilogy The Catcher within the Rye The Bourne identity The Metamorphosis No nation For ancient guys The avenue

The Hunger Games is a great series and of awesome quality, but it's kind of depressing. Have you read Harry Potter? The first few books are mostly light-hearted, and while the later books get quite depressing, it still always makes me happy to read them and uplifts me. I'm not exaggerating when I say that these books got me through some of the most hellish periods of my life, and Hogwarts was always there to welcome me home.

Source(s): Reading Harry Potter since '98.

White Oleander. It was an amazing read. Totally changed my point of view. Interesting but rather raw. I can't recall the author.they have made it into a movie but the book was far more powerful. Journey of a girl who traverses foster families after her artist mother is sent to jail for murder.

The Hunger Games series and A Song of Ice and Fire series are really good

The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People is the written Stephen R Covey.After reading this you can able to change in your thoughts and ideas.

If you read the book i hope it will bring some changes in your thoughts and your way of living.

The Catcher in the Rye is a good one and RL Stine books are my favorites and I also like reading books that are made into films. :)

The hater series, world war z, the gossamer, book thief, fallen series