What book to read? Please suggest a few good books.?

I am a bit down in life and need a book that gives me hope and warmth but which is also a very good read. I don't want it to be candy coated. My taste in books is decent, i read classics as much as I read best-sellers. I need a book that would take me on a journey and leave me with a new perspective. A novel would be preferable, but I will go for anything that falls under the conditions I have put forth.

Update:

I love all the suggestions you have put forth but "Hunger games", "Game Of Thrones" and "Harry Potter" are not in my alley. I have read them all and those are very entertaining books. I want books that will be both as engaging and will allow me to think.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favourite answer

I'll just mention a few of my favourites

- Nineteen Minutes- Jodi Picoult (my personal favourite)

- The Pact- Jodi Picoult

-My Sisters keeper- Jodi Picoult

(okay so they're sad, but I love them!)

- little women

-To Kill a mocking bird is good too

- Five people you meet in heaven

• 4 years ago

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas battle membership American Psycho Animal Farm Nineteen Eighty four Hitchhiker's advisor To The Galaxy One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest coronary heart Of Darkness iteration X - testimonies For An Accelerated culture JPod fear & Loathing On the campaign path 'seventy two Fever Pitch trap-22 White Noise i am Legend A Clockwork Orange The Rum Diary the brand new York Trilogy The Catcher within the Rye The Bourne identity The Metamorphosis No nation For ancient guys The avenue

• 8 years ago

The Hunger Games is a great series and of awesome quality, but it's kind of depressing. Have you read Harry Potter? The first few books are mostly light-hearted, and while the later books get quite depressing, it still always makes me happy to read them and uplifts me. I'm not exaggerating when I say that these books got me through some of the most hellish periods of my life, and Hogwarts was always there to welcome me home.

Source(s): Reading Harry Potter since '98.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

White Oleander. It was an amazing read. Totally changed my point of view. Interesting but rather raw. I can't recall the author.they have made it into a movie but the book was far more powerful. Journey of a girl who traverses foster families after her artist mother is sent to jail for murder.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

The Hunger Games series and A Song of Ice and Fire series are really good

• 8 years ago

The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People is the written Stephen R Covey.After reading this you can able to change in your thoughts and ideas.

If you read the book i hope it will bring some changes in your thoughts and your way of living.

• 8 years ago

The Catcher in the Rye is a good one and RL Stine books are my favorites and I also like reading books that are made into films. :)

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The hater series, world war z, the gossamer, book thief, fallen series

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.