Will you read and c.c. "Sailing on Wings".....metaphors, any meaning to you?

Thanks for reading this poem. Will reserve comments for "additional details." Your C.C. and comments are always welcomed and appreciated. Thomas ___________________________________________________________________________ Sailing on Wings An eagle flies with her beautiful wings Destination... show more Thanks for reading this poem. Will reserve comments for "additional details." Your C.C. and comments are always welcomed and appreciated. Thomas
______________________________________...

Sailing on Wings

An eagle flies with her beautiful wings
Destination unknown, purpose she brings

Can he sail his ship through violent seas?
Gale force winds and a crew of unease

The eagle continues her flight with grace
Soaring high above thundering clouds in case

Sailing man gathers his men to inform
“Our boat is lost from this gathering storm”

The squall abates and the boat is salvaged
Save mast and sail heave tore and ravaged
Now lost at sea compass all but worthless
Commander and mates, may have felt birthless

High above windjammer swoops in eagle
She startles crew, but not the proud regal
“Follow me” conveys the female bird
Commander looks up and says “that’s absurd”

Hours go by and the boat still flounders
Aquila flying near leaving sounders
The ships men now consider mutiny
“Follow that eagle will live don’t you see”

At that, the master, finally broken
Looked up, Aquila, flying soft spoken
“She can lead us safely to find our land
Like sailing on wings time to understand”
--------------------------------------...

Author's Note

Aquila is a type of Eagle. For the purposes of this poem.
it is a female eagle, of which the commander of the ship
was able to identify.

Update: Hi everyone: thank you for the answers so far. What an honor you guys....feel blessed. I am realizing I need to learn to employ the use of commas more often mid-sentence to maintain a better flow...found a few areas I should have done so. Will not note it here. Any one is welcome to point it out again though. ... show more Hi everyone: thank you for the answers so far. What an honor you guys....feel blessed. I am realizing I need to learn to employ the use of commas more often mid-sentence to maintain a better flow...found a few areas I should have done so. Will not note it here. Any one is welcome to point it out again though. I did find one mis-used word....in S7 L4, should be "Follow that eagle we'll (not will) live don't you see." Some have nailed the metaphor, and not only admitting one needs help, but here a man understanding his woman, listening, and letting them help you. Thomas
_______________________________________...
Update 2: I am closing this now. Thanks to all who answered this poem. Same to the sweet people who give the poem a star. Peace. Thomas