asa
Lv 5
asa asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

Cat doesnt eat anything even after vet vist?!?

The Day before, my cat wasnt eating anything and was acting lazy and staying outside the house and pooping watery and red poop. Took to the vet same evening who said its worms so he gave some antibiotic shots and also gave a few medicines to be taken over 4 days. Its been 2 days since. He still doesnt eat. He's not too weak.. But seems a less active than normal..But refuses to eat. I force fed him water and some milk ( very little like 2-3 teaspoon ) through a dropper and repeated it 3-5 times. He's sleeping in his usual place ...Im scared..What should I do ? Will he get better in a few days ? Is this normal for worms ( he said hook worms ).

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favourite answer

If you are concerned, call your vet. Hope he gets better.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yeah hook worms are the worst worms to get..dont feed him milk by the way ever..animals dont digest milk and can give them scowers..i know people think cats and give them milk but no just water..if hes not better in a few more days back to the vet but it usually takes about a week for those worms to die off n go away

• RoVale
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

It sounds like he's still freaked out from his visit to the vet and that's why he's not eating. Don't try to force him to eat but make sure he has food available for when he wants it. He will start eating again when he gets hungry enough.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The only way to get peace of mind? Call the vet!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.