Can you pinpoint my electrical issue?

I have a 1994 Ford Taurus with a very intermittent electrical problem. Yesterday, and once about 2 months ago, the brake warning light stayed on after starting the car. Both times, the dashboard clock, radio, turn signals and power windows did not work. The dome light and headlights both worked, and the car... show more I have a 1994 Ford Taurus with a very intermittent electrical problem. Yesterday, and once about 2 months ago, the brake warning light stayed on after starting the car. Both times, the dashboard clock, radio, turn signals and power windows did not work. The dome light and headlights both worked, and the car seemed to drive normally. After turning the car off and back on, everything started working again. I suspect a loose connection somewhere but I have no idea where to look.
Update: To those that addressed ONLY the brake light, can you explain how ANY brake issue would affect the radio, and turn signals? That is why I suspect a wiring harness issue.

Chris: So far, your answer sounds best, but I was hoping for more help locating the proper wires.
Update 2: Top Gun: I forgot to mention the climate controls, or at least the blower also didn't work. NONE of the system affected use 50,000 volts, The coil provides high voltage to the SPARK PLUGS and possibly other ENGINE components. NO chassis electrical systems use high voltage.